。47 。

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

☆*:.。. o(▽)o .。.:*☆

"Nova. Nova? Nova, can you hear me?" Dan asked as Nova lay in a scanner. "This is Dan speaking to you."

"Hey, Dan." Nova said awkwardly, extremely hot and still sweating.

"Welcome back." Dan greeted.

"Where am I?" Nova asked, realising she didn't have a gun on her or her bags.

"Uh, you're in the MRI." Dan answered. "Okay, we've given you a little sedative."

"Where's Jenny?" Nova quizzed.

"Jenny's not here right now. We're gonna run some tests, okay? It's gonna be completely painless. So, you know, just try to stay still. Uh, relax and, um... Yeah, here we go." Dan explained.

The MRI started to scan Nova and it only took a second for intense pain to wave over her. The assassin started to scream, convulsing into the machine as black veins crept up her neck and cheeks, shadows of white eyes and large, pointed teeth appearing but no one saw what was happening.

Dan watched as he legs started to spasm greatly from the pain, "Nova, what's happening in there?" His computer started to freak out, data moving around randomly. "Nova, you okay?" She only screamed loudly, deeper growls also sounding form something. "Shut it down."

Dan opened the door to the MRI room as his co-worker shut it down, Nova pushing herself out as she stopped screaming, the pain wearing off, "Fuck."

"Hey, hey, hey. You're okay. Yeah. Coming out. You alright?" Dan asked.

"I- uh..." Nova slurred.

"Here, look at me, look at me. You okay?" Dan placed a hand on her arm and she shoved him off.

"Yeah." Nova lied.

"Alright. Just take a deep breath. Okay? You're okay." Dan soothed and Nova let out a jagged breath.

"Give me my stuff back now. I need to go." Nova demanded, pushing herself up quickly to leave.

"Yeah, you can. We didn't look in your bag for anything but we found a gun and a knife inside of your hoodie." Dan whispered and she stiffened, not sure whether she should attack or he'd leave her alone. "I know about the Red Room and I know about why you have them so I'm not calling the police or anything."

"Okay. Okay, that's good." Nova hummed. "I'd have to kill you otherwise."

Dan laughed but Nova didn't, staring at him, "Oh, you're serious. Okay."

-

"Now, listen, you're not the first person to freak out in there. I get claustrophobic, too." Dan said, Nova now dressed in her stolen clothes and walking to leave the hospital.

"Dr. Lewis?" A woman called from her doorway.

"Hey, Mrs. Manfredi. How are you?" Dan asked.

"Oh, I just saw Morris." Her dogs tarted yapping at Nova. "And he's whining and complaining like an old baby again."

"Oh, good." Dan smiled.

"Oh, thank you so much." She smiled, Nova staring back at the dog in confusion who was growing at her.

"Yeah, my pleasure." Dan nodded. "Okay, Mrs. Manfredi, we talked about the dog. Okay, love the dog. You can't have the dog."

"Sorry. Gemini." She tutted as they walked away from her.

"We're gonna get to the bottom of this. Alright? That I can promise you." Dan placed a hand on Nova's shoulder and she quickly slapped him away, bending his hand back. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Don't touch me." Nova ordered quietly, dropping his hand.

"I won't. For now, go home, get some rest." Dan said.

"I don't have anywhere to go." Nova stated.

"I almost forgot. Jenny told me to give you this key. It's to her old apartment." He handed her a small key. "Stay there and take this phone if you need to contact anyone. I'll call you on this phone when your tests come in."

"Alright." Nova nodded, walking away. "Okay. Right."

{632}