Warnings and Characters

Just a few quick warnings, this is a boyxboyxboy book so if you don't like it leave, this is a spin off but can be read as a stand alone (you can read Loving the Fighter if you want to read the before), I am dyslexic so don't mind small errors.

If you want to read the first three interactions between these characters you should consider reading the end of these characters of Fighting a New World (start reading at the POV changes):
Chapter 41, 42, and 54

For first time readers here is a little break down of everyone.

Characters:

Patrick:

Head of the Springfield County Sheriffs Department

Age: 25

Hair color: brown

Eye color: brown

Skin tone: Ivory

Height: 6 foot 2

Has been married to Mary for years. When Mary's brother was unfairly judged by the judicial system as a minor, Mary and Patrick started a camp to help at risk kids or kids who just happen to be in bad situations. Now Patrick is a cop and was recently promoted and is in charge of his county's department.

Andrew:

Therapist

Age: 23

Hair color: dirty blond

Eye color: hazel

Skin tone: tan

Height: 6 feet

Andrew has been a therapist at Patrick's camp ever since he graduated college. He attempted to work for other therapist groups but since he has a few criminal charges, places like that were hesitant to let him join. He meets Patrick at random and they happened to start talking. Andrew mentioned that he just graduated and got his degree but was having trouble getting a job so Patrick offered him a job at camp and he's been there ever since.

Jem:

Gang leader

Age: 26

Hair color: black

Eye color: green

Skin tone: fair

Height: 6 foot 4

Jem leads a powerful gang and has since he was only 19 years old. He joined the gang when he was 17 and rose through the ranks quickly until he was the second in command. As it turned out, the original leader of this gang was not a good man. He allowed non-consensual prostitution, child abuse, and often killed his followers at random as a scare tactic during private interrogations. When Jem learned this he killed the man without a second thought and took over the gang.

After Jem took over the gang he took in a kid named Liam, who was only 14 at the time. When Patrick got wind that he was allowing minors in his gang, he started going after Jem with everything he had. After years of trying to pin anything on him, Jem ended up reaching out to him and agreed to hand over all his minors in exchange for Patrick to stop snooping around.

Liam got out of camp only recently and since then he has been getting closer to both Andrew and Patrick for Liam's sake.

Just a reminder I stream my writing session on twitch if anyone is interested in that. I use the same display name here as I do there. The link is in my bio!