21 [M]

Smut warning

Patrick's POV

I sighed to myself as I tried to piece everything together while sitting on Jem's living room floor.

Case files, witness testimonies, suspect pictures littered the floor in no particular order.

A body was found early yesterday morning and the very small case file was lying on my desk when I came in. Despite an autopsy already being done, all we had on the man was his cause of death; a single gunshot wound to the head.

His teeth had been filed down seemingly years ago and his finger prints were burned off along with them leaving us with no way to identify him. We had put out word that a body was found but even after 10 people came in hopes of putting a name to our face but our John Doe remained nameless.

I groaned to myself as balled up a paper at random before throwing it across the room.

Charlie, who has been 'helping' me through all of this, jumped off the couch to chase after the ball. His tail never stopped wagging as he came back to me and placed the paper in my lap.

I can't help but smile as I scratch him behind the ears.

"I don't suppose you know who this guy is," I asked rhetorically. His ears flopped when he cocked his head to the side before jumping back on the couch. "Yea I didn't think so."

I ran a hand over my face as Jem stepped out of the laundry room. He had been in there since I got home a while ago but when I asked Devon about it, he shrugged me off and said not to worry about it. I assumed that meant it was something that a cop wouldn't approve of and left it at that.

"What on earth happened in here," he teased as he flopped down on the couch beside Charlie.

"Frustration and disappointment happened in here," I sighed. My eyes were all but burning. I could quote every word on these papers by heart at this point but that didn't stop me from scanning over them again.

I was about to reach for a paper again my arms wrapped around my hips and I was suddenly lifted up.

A frown covered my face before I was settled on Jem's lap.

"I'm sure I can take your mind off of it if you'll let me," he teased. His lips trailed down the back of my neck. His tongue lapped at the base before letting his teeth nip my skin gently. "Will you let me?"

I nod without meaning to, my mind still stuck on the case I couldn't figure out.

I could feel Jem's smirk grow as he lifts my shirt over my head.

His hands traced around my body. His lips sucked the base of my neck before moving higher to nibble on my ear.

His fingers were callused and rough to the touch as he glided them up my chest. My breath faltered when they began circling my nipple. It was nothing more than a tease but it was enough to make me let out breathy moan.

I'd never been touched there before. Mary never touched me like Jem and the fact that I had been missing out on this our entire marriage made me a bit bitter.

"I've been waiting to see how you react to this since I first met you," he whispered as pulled my lobe between his teeth and began nibbling on it.

His fingers slid over the buds quickly. The small motion was enough to make my back arch and a whine leave my lips before I could stop it. Jem's smirk widened in response as one hand slid down my chest and cupping my clothed dick while the other moved to my throat.

His grip was harsh and made it hard to breathe. The action was small but it made panic well up in my chest.

My hand reached up to Jem's on my throat to pull it away and he surprisingly let me. His hand hung in the air while the smirk that had formed around my ear slipped away.