6

Andrew's POV

A pounding on my door woke me up the next morning rather than my alarm. At first I tried to ignore it; my new house had a few needy neighbors who tended to want to use my coffee pot since his broke so it was probably just him and I'm not awake enough to care.

But when the pounding turned into the opening of the door, I jumped awake.

A short guy, only about 5'8, stood in the doorway with a wide a smile. His green eyes were bright even in the darkness of the room and his brown hair stuck up in every direction. He looked entirely too happy considering how early it had to be since the sun hadn't even come up.

"Oh," he said, his smile slowly dropping. "Were you still asleep?"

"A little bit," I sighed as I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"My bad. Patrick and Devon left a few minutes ago so I assumed you needed to get up too. But now that you're awake, we can go get breakfast, I'm starving."

"You go ahead, I think I'm going back to sleep." I don't bother waiting for his answer as I lay back down.

"We're you not listening," he asked as he walked over to me and grabbed me by the ankles, slowly pulling me out of the bed. "Devon's already gone and no one else is allowed in our wing so unless you make it, I'm not getting any breakfast."

At this point my hands were the only things keeping me from falling onto the ground but he keeps pulling until I'm face down on the floor.

I couldn't help but groan into the carpet but it was muffled so I doubt he heard it.

"Why can't Jem make you breakfast?"

"Jem doesn't eat breakfast and he only cooks if he plans on eating it," he dismissed quickly as he begins pulling me by the feet in the direction of the door.

I don't bother saying anything else as he pulls me out of my room and into the hard floor hallway, not bothering to stop until I'm face down in the kitchen.

"I dragging you all the way in here, don't just go back to sleep now," he said with a small chuckle.

I forced myself to sit up before glancing at the clock on the stove. It was barely passed 6 and I didn't usually wake up until 10, giving me just enough time to get to camp before lunch in case someone needed me.

I sighed to myself as I stood up and readjusted my shirt and pants from where they were dragged everywhere.

"What do you want then?"

"Literally anything you want to make. I'm Barrett by the way."

I only hummed as I began opening cabinets at random just to see what they had, sadly it wasn't much; everything they had was either gluten or sugar free.

"What kind of food is this," I asked as I took out the most generic box of cereal that I've ever seen in my life. No mythical creatures or stupid animated animals decorating the box, it was just the brand and a picture of the grossest food I've ever seen.

"That's Devon's side of the kitchen, he gets mad if any of us eat it so just put that back."

"I promise, he will never have to worry about me eating this." Barrett's laugh echoed around the room.

"Devon likes healthy food. He tries to make us eat it some times but Jem usually slaps him on the head before it gets too out of hand. He tried to make us all do a juice cleanse once, Jem wasn't impressed to say the least."

I couldn't imagine Jem ever doing one of those but the thought of Jem slapping people around playfully and acting like old friends didn't exactly seem right either.