49

NSFW

Patrick's POV

Sometimes I think about my adult life thus far. About how I finished my police training course at the top of my class, how I married my high school sweetheart, how I helped her raise Camp New Life from the ground up at the age of 20, how I prided myself on being a good cop and always followed the rules, how I spent many unsuccessful years chasing down one specific gang leader to only end up being in his lap right now as he worked.

I didn't even want to be here at this point. Jem was sitting on the couch with a stern, stressed look covering his face while I was making my way to the kitchen to get dinner ready since Jem was obviously busy but when I walked past him a hand wrapped around my waist. His grip was gentle as he pulled me onto his lap effortlessly.

I could feel the way he relaxed as my body molded to his. My back was flush against his chest, his voice was low but stern in my ear, seemingly not caring that was hearing all about his illegal business. His hand kept a tight hold on my thigh as if he were afraid I'd get up and leave any second now if he let go.

My head rested against this chest as I stared up at him. He spared me a quick glance before doing a double take and smiling down. The person on the phone began answering Jem's question but I don't think Jem was really listening considering his face slowly began moving towards mine. I barely had enough time to brace myself as his lips brushed against mine. His teeth nibbling lightly on the tender skin before soothing his tongue across it.

My eyes closed as his lips dragged down my skin to rest at my neck. He made a hum in response to the comment on the phone as he sucked my skin into his mouth.

The hand on my thigh slid up to grip my throat, holding it just tight enough to hold it in place as I fought to sounds from leaving my mouth.

"Shhh," he whispered after pulling the phone away from us for a split second. "Wouldn't want Ramsey to hear you." A moan died in my throat as Jem's teasing continued.

Marks were no doubt left all over the side of my neck but it didn't look like either of us cared. Jem's lips only ever left my skin for the briefest moments to answer questions and would return seconds after completing the sentence.

This had gone on for a while before Jem's lips stopped moving and his body went ridge against mine. Seconds later his lips were ripped from me but his hold never faltered, making sure to keep me in place.

"No," he said as if he were appalled to even have to answer that question. "I'm not going all the way to Nashville for this. Are you actually insane?"

I could barely pick up Ramsey's voice on the other side of the phone but he sounded just as appalled as Jem at the fact that he didn't immediately want to go.

"Send fucking Barrett or something! I'm not going all the way down there just to look at a building I might not even want and then come right back."

Another long pause sounded with Ramsey only getting more upset.

"You know I'm the boss right? If I tell you I'm not going to Nashville, I'm not going. Simple as that," Jem said with a small shrug as he leaned back against the couch before his mood turned sour quickly.

"I hate you," were his only parting words as he hung up the phone and threw it on the couch harshly.

"So you're going to Nashville I take it," I teased as I stared up at him. A harsh scowl covered his face before he sighed and forced a calmer look.

"We," he said with a small smile. "We're going to Nashville. I refuse to go alone."

"I have work Jem. I can't just up and leave."

"Call in sick," he said simply as he picked me up by the hips before placing me on the couch and heading to the kitchen.

"And what about Andrew? He has sessions planned out so if you were going to invite him he won't be able to go. And if you don't invite him it'd be pretty rude of you."

"Of course Andrew's coming," he said with no room for argument as he took a pot down from the cabinet.

"You're not even asking at this point."

"Nope. If I have take a 3 hour trip just to turn around and come right back home then I'm taking hostages."

"So what Dev and Barrett are too busy?"

"Apparently they are," he said with a sigh. I watched him move quickly through the kitchen. Like always all the tension in his body was gone the second he began cooking. There was no hesitation in his steps but I didn't miss the winces and gasps when he turned to fast or the way he put his hand over his side when ever he was waiting for something to get up to the right heat.

"Are you sure you're up to the trip," I asked hesitantly.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you just woke up from a coma a few weeks ago and you're side seems a bit... tender lately," I say the last bit as I eye the hand he had cupping his hurt side. He scowled down at his own hand but didn't remove it either.

"It's just driving," he soothed. "Driving up there, looking at a building, and driving back. We'll end up being back the same day. Besides, I'll have you and Andrew there to keep me from over doing it. I'll be fine."

I didn't want to believe him but ignoring the boyish smile he sent me was almost impossible.

"Then you'll tell us when you need a break from driving or standing or anything else you'll be doing?"

"Probably not but that's why Andrew's coming," he said before scoffing. "He can always seem to tell these kind of things." A frown covered my face before I could stop it.

"Then why am I going if you have Andrew," I asked not bothering to hide the sting in my words.

Jem looked away from his pots quickly, not expecting the edge on my voice. A frown covered his face as he reached to turn the heat on the stove down before leaving the kitchen all together and stopping in front of me.

For a while he only stared down at me with a blank face.

"Because I need you too." His words had my heart skip a beat. "Andrew can tell when I need to stop but he can't make me the way you can. I've been waiting for you Patrick. I've been going at your pace like I said I would. If I'm too slow you have to tell me."

"You're going too slow," I say before I have a chance to stop myself. A smirk covers his face as he leans down to connect out lips.

Then gentleness he had earlier now long gone. His gripped my throat again, harsher than before as his other hand cupped my dick before rubbing the bulge slowly.

A moan left my throat as I pressed against him more but Jem only laughed as he pulled away.

"Why." I groaned a while he pulled farther away from me. His smile only widened as the hand on my throat stayed firm.

"I want you to remember this the next time you don't tell me something I should know. Now go wash up. Dinner will be ready soon and if you can manage to be a good boy maybe we can finish this after everyone else goes to bed."

Just a filler but hope it's decent.
Last updated June 29, 2022