18

Patrick's POV

"Have you been listening to anything I've been saying," Andrew asked loudly, making my attention snap up to him.

The simple answer was no.

All I could think about all day how Jem's lips and breath felt on my neck last night along with the words he would whisper every now and then before he tugged on my ear lobe.

I hated admitting it to myself but if I let my mind wander for even a few minutes I was pulled back to last night.

I couldn't remember the last time Mary had treated me like that. Of course we never played video games all night, I never expected that of her to begin with but when was the last time she kissed me just for the sake of affection and not because she didn't want sex? When was the last time we just sat down and watched a show or movie without it ending in a screaming match or with one of us sleeping on the couch?

Hell the last time she gave me a hickey was the last night of our honeymoon. After that she always said it was unprofessional and childish to walk around with hickeys.

I didn't realize how much I missed them until Jem covered me in them. I hadn't even bothered to hide them at work and incredibly so, no one asked about it seeing as they weren't any of their business.

But how was I supposed to tell Andrew that?

"Of course I was listening," I brushed off quickly as I pulled my attention back to the TV. "You were talking about what you wanted for dinner."

He gave me a skeptically look but I must have gotten it right since he didn't correct or scold me.

"And what do I want for dinner?"

I froze.

"Japanese," I said, hoping it came out more like a statement but I knew it ended up sounding like a question.

"Asian," he sighed as he pulled up a menu on his phone. "What do you think Jem will want?"

"I don't know. He doesn't seem like the picky type but it would suck if we got him something he won't eat. I'd go ask Barrett. You know he's not going to eat unless there's enough for everyone so we might as well get him and Devon something too," I sighed.

This was getting more expensive by the second but I knew I was right. A while ago we were at the hospital for Liam's boyfriend and he ended up giving me his food and went hungry for the night; I wouldn't be surprised if he would do that again for his friends.

Andrew let out a loud groan as he dramatically melted off the couch before getting up and walking down the hall to Barrett's room.

"I saw you slept in Jem's room last night. How was it," I asked when Andrew sat back down on the couch.

The simple question had his face turning a bright shade of red as he forced his eyes to stare at the TV.

"We didn't do anything," he grumbled, shoving his face in his hands to hide the color of his cheeks but his neck was a dead give away that he was still affected.

"The question still stands," I teased purely because I couldn't help it.

"He's not a cuddler. I thought he was going to act all badass on the outside but then when the lights went out he would turn into a koala," he pouted. That didn't really surprise me to be honest. Jem may act flirty and affectionate but I couldn't see him like people hanging all over him.

"You should have known better than to get into his bed if you were looking for a cuddle buddy."

"It's not like there are any other options."

I bit my tongue hard.

Jem was rubbing off on me too much. I had almost offered him a place in my bed before I caught myself.

"There's always Devon. I bet he's a great cuddler," I forced out after I caught myself.