15

Patrick's POV

I couldn't help but sigh as I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes.

It had been a rather slow week in town and I had been working hard to get done with over due work so I wouldn't have to go back to Jem's house so early every night but after a week of this routine there wasn't much left to do.

Now I sat here, an hour before I could leave, with a pounding head and the one man I didn't want to think about was the only thing I could think of.

He tried to hide the way he flinched when I mentioned him killing Andrew if they got too close but I still saw through his cold expression.

At the time I didn't regret my words, I still don't to be honest. He deserved a warning so he could at least prepare himself but more than that he needed to be punished.

Jem was one hell of a manipulator, I give him that, but I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

It had been months again but I still remembered that night like it happened yesterday.

When I left the building all I cared about was going home to see Mary but in a matter of seconds that was the farthest thing from my mind.

I could still feel his hips as he pinned me against my car door. His breath tickled my neck before his lips traced the shell of my ear. His fingers rubbed circles on my stomach clearly aching to move just a bit lower.

His actions made it clear he was only looking for sex but his words made it hard to believe that was all he wanted.

Ever since the first night he proposed his offer, he walked me to my car on several occasions to make sure I hadn't changed my mind.
'I love the way your body reacts to me,' he had whispered against my skin. 'You're so beautiful and you don't even know it.'

'She doesn't love you anymore, does she? I hate seeing you with dead eyes like this. You shouldn't force yourself through this. It's not fair.'

'I don't see how anyone could stop loving someone as pure as you.'

At the time I had thought he meant the words he said but after yesterday it's clear they were nothing but meaningless sounds.

Andrew had told me how Jem had treated him, not that I needed him to figure it out. He couldn't look Jem in the eye for the rest of the day without turning a bright shade of red while Jem only smirked before going back to what he was doing.

I was honest enough with my self to admit that jealousy ran deep through me at the sight of it but when Andrew confirmed it that jealousy turned bitter.

Now that I've had my little lash out though I felt bad.

I never accepted anything from him so I shouldn't allow myself to act like this.

I shook my head from my thoughts as my head continued to pound and reminded myself that I only had a few more days of this.

Jem seemed rather confident that this threat would be gone soon and once that happens I'll be able to forget any of this every happened. Jem will chance after Andrew, I could try to fix things with Mary; everything would be the way it should be.

A sigh escaped me as I stood up from my desk and walked out of the office.

"Heading home early for once," Denis asked with a small smile as I walked past the front desk. "Must be a special occasion."

"Only if the occasion is an early sleep. I exhausted," I said as I forced out a chuckle. He didn't bother saying anything else as I let the precinct, letting the doors close behind me without so much as a glance back.

The ride to Jem's was about like normal but Devon seemed to be in a worse mood than usual. A harsh glare laid on his face rather than his usual cold stare but I knew better than to say anything about it.