3

Patrick's POV

I didn't like this one bit.

My hand hovered above the gun in my holster as I sat in my car. I stared at the seemingly abandoned building.

It seemed to be more on an old warehouse. No lights were on and no one else was in the parking lot but knowing Jem, this wasn't surprising. I'm sure he had his fair share of abandoned warehouses.

It was pitch black out here already and it seemed that I was alone here. No other cars were parked outside, no one seemed to be inside, and something in me hated everything about this.

My hand shook slightly as I reached for the handle before easing out of the car. I closed the door silently as I walked to the nearest door.

My right hand freed the gun from its resting place while my left reached for my flashlight. My shoulder pushed the door open just enough for me to see inside but I saw nothing.

It was only a dark, empty room. No boxes lined the walls, no shelves made up isles, and nothing in here indicated a warehouse.

I didn't even bother stepping inside. I gripped my gun tighter as I backed away from the building.

I wasn't about to die tonight because Jem decided to meet in a creepy ass warehouse but I froze when headlights appeared behind me.

My heart lurched as I made a split second to hide in the large building.

I knew my old car wouldn't be able to out run many other cars so just leaving was out of the question. Hiding behind or in my car would be a death sentence considering the gas tank. So even if I didn't know anything about the building I was in, it was better than anything else I could think of right now.

I hide on the right side of the door with my gun pointed right in front of me. My flashlight was turned off and discarded at my side as I waited for the person outside to make a move.

The sound of light footsteps got closer, making my heart sped up as I readied my finger on the trigger.

I watched as the handle twisted slowly before to old door creaked open. The second it was open enough the person took a timid step forward.

"Springfield County Sherriff's Department!" I yelled, my finger still ready on the trigged as the person stiffened. "Put your hands in the air and get on the ground!"

He screamed but didn't comply as he jumped in the building.

"Get on the ground now!" I yelled again, this time he listened and got down to his knees with his hands straight up in the air.

"Patrick?" He asked as he stared at me. The voice sounded familiar but with the blood rushing through my ears, it was hard to tell.

My hands reached for the flashlight at my side before turning it on and raising it to his face.

Andrew winced at the bright light before glaring at me. 

"You scared the shit out of me," I seethed at him as I holstered the gun.

"You weren't the one with a gun pointed at you! What was that for?"

"Jem texted me but he's not here. I thought it was a set up or something and you were going to kill me."

"Jem texted me too," he said as he stood up and allowed his eyes to adjust to the dark room. "Are you sure he's not here?"

I was just about to tell him no when someone cleared their throat.

My gun was back out in a second as I stood in front of Andrew.

"Get on the ground," I said again as I pointed my gun at the general direction of the voice.