Chapter 10

Press the star button, it makes me happy◉‿◉

Drishti's POV

I was anxiously looking at the clock while wrapping the return gifts for the engagement. It is already four O'clock and still vani is not back yet. She told me that she will come back in an hour.

Did something happened to her? Is she alright? Did she ran away? Like this many questions started coming in my mind.

I was only dreading the moment when someone will notice her disappearance in the house.

I was thinking when it hit me that the driver who drove her to college might know about her.

I quickly called him, in two rings he picked up my call. "Hello mam" he said from other side. "Where is Vani?" I asked impatiently.

"Mam she is not back yet. I am still standing in front of campus, waiting for her" he answered.

"Ok! Do one thing, go inside the campus and search her" I said thinking maybe she is somewhere in the campus.

I again started doing my work but my mind was filled with Vani's thoughts.

After 15 mins the driver called me. "Hello mam I searched the whole campus but I didn't find her anywhere" he said.

"What do you mean you didn't find her? She should be there only" I said instantly getting panick.

"Drishti" I heard loud voice of my husband. "What happened? Who were you taking to" he asked while trying to read me.

I think he came back just now along with Dev bhaiya. They are still in their office attire.

"Actual-ly I- I tha- tt" I was trying to say it but I was getting damn scared of the consequences.

"What are blabbering? say it clearly" he said with authority.

I looked down and tears started falling from my eyes because I just don't know what to explain, that I being the irresponsible one messed up everything.

"Hey! What happened" he asked while cupping my face in his big hand and this made me cry even more. He pulled me into a hug while rubbing my back smoothly. Even Dev was looking worried for me.

"I-I am s-sorr-y I van-ni" I was trying to tell him everything when Vani's name caught his attention.

He broke the hug and asked "what happened to vani? Where is she?" 

"Vani! Vani!" He started calling her name but didn't got any response.
Maa caming there hurriedly hearing his voice.

"What happened Rakshit? When did you both came back?" she asked him worriedly. "Where is Vani" he asked maa. "She must be in her room" maa said which made me feel more guilty and a sob escaped my mouth.

This caught Rakshit's attention. "Where is Vani" he asked me sternly. And I know this tone means he needs the truth.

"Ac-ctuall-y she went to college. Today it was her final submission. She sai-d she will be back in an hou-r but she is stil- ll not back yet" I said while literally shaking from inside.

"Who the hell allowed her to go out when I strictly warned you all to not go out of the house" he shouted.

"I-I am s-sorr-y" I said while looking down. "You-" he started saying when Dev bhaiya cut him off and said "Rakshit I think we should first search for vani then we will see other things.  In next hour guests will start coming, we have to find her before the engagement time."

They both left to search vani. Now I am really worried for her

Rakshit's POV

First time in my life I'm feeling scared from inside. I just want my baby sister in front of me. I know I don't show my soft side in front of her but only I know how much I love her.

"I think we should first search the campus" he said to which I noded.

We reached the college and first we decided to ask the watchman as my other men started searching her inside the campus.

"Excuse me, did you saw this girl coming out of the campus" Dev asked him while showing Vani's picture.

"I don't know man, there are so many students I can't keep tabs about every person" he said arrogantly. This made my anger reach its peak.

I took out my gun and pointed towards him. "S-sorr-y sir but really I don't know about her if you want you can check the cctv footage" he said fully scarred seeing my gun.

"Ok" I said and entered his cabin and started going through today's cctv footage after 1pm.

Around 2.30 I saw vani in the footage, there she was leaving the college campus. Then we started the footage of camera which shows the outside campus area.

There we saw vani going towards the car when a man came and pressed the chloroform handkerchief on her mouth and took her with him.

"Who the hell was he" I said while looking angrily at the screen. I just want to kill that bloody bastard.

"Cool down Rakshit we will definitely find her at any cost" he said trying to calm me.

We were trying to track the car with its number plate when suddenly my phone started ringing.

I looked at the name on the screen and again anger bubbled up inside me.

"What do you want now" I spoke angrily. After hearing the person from other side I left from there quickly after informing Dev about the situation.

----------HAPPY DIWALI GUYS----------

Finally my exams are over. And thank you so much everyone for supporting me.

Do vote and comment, it motivates me.

And follow my account for more updates.