Chapter 20

Press the star button, it makes me happy◉‿◉

Vani's POV

I am currently at the dinning room helping the maids in arranging the table for dinner. I know it is not necessary but to pass the boredom I am doing this.

Today it was really a boring day. I had nothing to do. Yaa, mom was there to talk with me but still I can't talk to her whole day right. Bhabhi and maa also called me in afternoon and asked about my well being to which I said I'm good which is actually true till now atleast.

Bhai also called me which really surprising because he generally doesn't like this calling and asking others whereabout things.

When I waa lost in my thoughts my father-in-law entered the dinning room along with mom. They took a seat. Mom gestured me to take a seat and maids started serving us dinner.

After that they both started eating without even waiting for their son. This was really surprising for me because at my home there was a rule that everyone should have all the three meals together.

During dinner one thing I noticed is mom was not eating properly. Probably she was just playing with her food while continuously looking at the main door. I know she is upset with Rudra but I can clearly see care for him in her eyes, afterall she is a mother. After finishing his dinner my father-in-law directly went to his study room without bothering about anything.

We were just finished with the dinner when Rudra came home. He looked at mom with longing eyes which she royally ignored.

So to grab her attention he cleared his throat and said "I am leaving for my penthouse tonight".

"Okay" she said without even looking at him. And then she called a maid and said "Go and bring Vani's luggage. They are leaving", making me shocked. In all the chaos I totally forget that I am also leaving with him.

Sweat started forming on my forehead listening this. How will I stay with him in a same house. What if he did something to me.

NO! Vani don't let such thought enter your mind. He will not dare to do anything. Also I am strong, I will protect myself, Right? Yaa, why are you doubting? You are strong.

I thought trying to immune myself for upcoming events of my life.

"Vani" mom called my name breaking me from my thoughts. "Come with me" she said and made her way to her room. I looked around to see He was there sitting on the couch while doing something with his phone. Sensing my heated gaze he looked up and raised his one perfect eyebrow. Seeing his these expressions I quickly ran behind mom ignoring the fact that I again embarassed myself infront of him.

I knocked on the door of mom's bedroom. She smiled at me gestured me to sit on the couch in her room. I sat there when I saw her coming towards me with a wooden box in her hand. She took a seat beside me on the couch and gave me the box and told me to open it.

I slowly opened it to see a gorgeous bangles inside it. I gasped seeing the beautiful bangles. They were really beautiful and just the way I like.

 They were really beautiful and just the way I like