Chapter 19

Press the star button. It makes me happy◉‿◉

Rudra's POV

I  woke  up  feeling  really uncomfortable. I realised last night I slept on this couch. My back is paining a lot as I am not habitual of sleeping on couch. I looked at the bed to see her sleeping peacefully on the bed while hugging her pillow tightly. Right now she is looking really cute, especially her cute pajama set and her small pout.

Last night she was really terrified seeing me. She tried to act strong but she failed miserably.

I was checking my phone when she made some sound. I looked at her to see her covering her face with irritation as the sun rays were direct falling on her face.

I quickly got up and covered the window with curtains. Instantly a smile appeared on her face and again she got under her cover while hugging the pillow. A smile spread on my face seeing her looking exactly like a cocoon.

I went to take a shower and got ready in my regular business suit. I came out from the washroom to see she is already up and rubbing her eyes cutely.

Not wanting to see her scared expressions again, I quietly left the room.

Vani's POV

I woke up hearing some sound. I started rubbing my eyes to get rid of sleep. Last night I slept really well because of this comfortable bed. Speaking of bed I remembered last night he slept on couch.

I looked at couch to see he is not on the couch and not even in the room. I can't take risk. So, I decided to check myself. I quietly got up and pushed the washroom door. Thank god! He is not even here. I was peeking from the closet to see if he is here or not when suddenly the sound of opening of door came and someone came inside.

I turned my head around to see that he is standing at the door with confused expressions. I quickly straighten myself and turned towards him keeping my head down.

This is the second time I embarrassed myself in front of him. God! Why I always end up doing something stupid in front of him.

"Why were you standing there like that" he asked me while lifting his one eyebrow.

"I-I nothing, I-I...was just....- I was trying to form a sentence when he cut me off.

"Are you secretly trying to kill me" he asked with serious expressions.

"NO.... I-I why would I do that" I said immediately.

"Ye aadmi pechle Janam mein ky koi criminal tha. Humesha criminals wale ideas aate hai isse" I thought while looking down.

I looked up to see him controlling his laugh while keeping hand on his mouth. So all the time he was just teasing me. Stupid Vani! Why do you always find ways to embarras yourself.

Suddenly he composed himself and said in a serious tone "If your hide n seek game is over can I take my wallet". I just shrugged my shoulders to which he gave me a pointed look with his arms crossed across his chest. Then realisation hit me I was standing at the doorway of closet. I quickly moved away from that region.

He went inside the closet and came out within seconds and left room so coldly like nothing happened.

I sighed in relief after knowing he finally left. I quickly went to take a shower.

Today it's my first day in this house as a newly wed bride so I have to get ready accordingly.

I decided to wear a light pink saree which has a simple zari border. I paired it with my favourite jhumkas and a small mangalsutra.

 I paired it with my favourite jhumkas and a small mangalsutra

PS- imagine vani wearing the given mangalsutra

I went downstairs to see my mother-in-law arranging breakfast table. I quickly made my way towards her and greeted her in a small voice "Good morning aunty".

She looked at me hearing my voice. A smile formed on her face after seeing me. "Your looking gorgeous beta" she said while keeping a hand on my head.

"And stop calling me aunty. Call me mom" she said with a smile to which I just noded.

Our moment was disturbed by the voice of my so called father-in-law. "Is the breakfast ready" he asked in a rough voice.

Mom noded and started serving him breakfast whereas I was standing there awkwardly.

Suddenly his eyes met mine and he said with a mocking smile "good morning daughter-in-law".

"Morning" I replied in a low voice. "Vani beta come have breakfast with us" mom said breaking the awkwardness.

My appetite died the moment I saw my father-in-law but for mom's sake I sat and started taking small bites.

After our little breakfast my father-in-law left for office.

Mom was speaking to cook about the lunch when I asked her "mom where is my other suitcase. Actually I wanted to arrange my clothes".

"Your other suitcase is in the guest room. But why do you want to arrange your things here when you are leaving for Rudra's penthouse tonight" she said.

"Penthouse" I muttered getting extremely confused.

"Yaa! He doesn't lives here. He will leave for his penthouse probably tonight. So don't start unpacking. You also have to go with him" she said dropping a bomb on me.

That means I have to live with him ALONE.

Hola guys

Thanks for the 100 votes. Love you guys so much.

Next target is the same 100 votes and 5 followers.

I know you guys must be thinking that we have to wait so much for the completion of this target. But this targets motivates me to write. I feel so bad when I take time out to update story but I didn't get the expected response. That's why I opted for this target thing.

Hope you guys will understand.

Please do like and comment and follow my account.

Love you ♡♡