III

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘗𝘶𝘴𝘩, 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘗𝘶𝘭𝘭

♛♛♛

It has been exactly two weeks since the night her mother had kicked Hazel out of their home.

It has also been two whole weeks since the meeting between her and the mysterious man, also known as Julius.

Hazel would be lying if she said she hadn't been searching for him while walking around town. Well, searching for familiar silver eyes.

The sudden fascination she had towards the sort of stranger was odd to her.

It could be the fact he talked to her when nobody else ever had, or it could be because of the alluring yet intimidating aura he had around him—which also seemed to pull her in.

Either way, she was captured. But after a week, that fascination soon faded and deflated off with the rest of her curiosity's.

Now, she was refocused on her schooling. Classes were already starting to rise with quizzes and indescribable amounts of work she had to take in.

Along with working at the clinic. Her shifts were strictly after college, and on weekends she would work from 10 am to 6 pm.

Though, she enjoyed her job. She loved helping others and it brought a sense of purpose to her.

Her job as a patient's assistant was only soon after the incident last year. She wanted to get out of her home and do something, help someone.

And then she found that job. The clinic was desperate at the time and she was also desperate.

So now, Hazel was almost working at the clinic for two whole years.

Hazel stumbled forward when she tried pulling the door open. The girl almost slapped her forehead for being so naive.

Two whole years here and she still hadn't learned how to open the door.

Push, not pull.

Pushing the door forward, she walked right through—the air-conditioned room, cooling her warm flesh.

Her high ponytail swayed slightly as she walked over to the receptionist desk. The regular young blonde girl, known as Elaine, sat behind the counter.

Hazel had talked to her only once. It was on her first day, she had introduced herself to Elaine, unfortunately, she hadn't ever replied.