VI

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘛𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴

♛♛♛

Trace caressed the young girls' back in a calming manner, while Gracie stood there in dread, speaking to her much more terrifying boss.

"Ah, where is the job?"  Trace looked over to her girlfriend, absolutely puzzled by the conversation.

"We're not exactly in that neighbourhood right now, fuck. Trace and I are sitting in a bar just outside of town. Can you send a car?"

Gracie tapped her long, black acrylic nails against the doorframe, her veins tingling with nerves as her boss's piercing cold tone struck her.

"All right, thanks." She yanked the phone away from her ear and tapped the end call button one too many times on those last words.

"What did he want?" Trace grumbled as she struggled to lift Hazel off the ground. With a sigh, Gracie flushed the toilet and handed Hazel her water and a mint.

"He's sending a car to pick us up. We'll drop this one home and then we've got a job to do." 

Trace'aline frowned and nodded. As she and Gracie carried the drugged girl out of the toilet, she muttered under her breath, "A bit of late notice."

"I know. He mentioned he wasn't in town to fix it so we have to."

After that, Hazel stopped paying attention. She was confident she wouldn't recall anything that happened tonight as she drifted in and out of consciousness. Although, like the height of anxiety reaching the tips of your fingers, his name lingered in her memory.

Julius. She was so certain it was the same man they were speaking of; Julius wasn't a very popular name in their area, and most people had mediocre names, so another Julius seemed unlikely, right?

Hazel had no idea, but she had a sense it was. Call it an intuition or gut instinct, but she just knew.

"Babe, you need to stay awake for us okay?" Gracie spoke into her ear, soothing her with her gentle words. Hazel nodded her head, trying to stay awake by widening her eyes further.

As they moved through the bar, Hazel looked across to her former table, which had been packed with her coworkers with drinks and drinks but was now vacant.

Hazel's attention was drawn away with a slight pout and a grimace when a blast of cool, fresh air touched her blotchy skin.

"Over here!" Trace gave a wave to the driver of the grey Porsche. He opened the doors for the young ladies, the driver nodded and lowered his head.

Gracie and Trace, both much taller and stronger than Hazel, had simply slid her inside the car without a struggle.

"Hazel, where do you live Hun?"