XII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘍𝘢𝘳 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦

♛♛♛

Hazel's had many dreams in her lifetime.

Most she cannot remember and some she could. Certain memories from her childhood have left her damaged or have filled her with nostalgia.

And every now and again, her dreams are so vivid that she wonders if it was all a dream after all.

The next morning she woke up with initial pain all through her body. It wasn't just in one spot; it was everywhere.

The pain felt more like an ache, a horrible, never-ending ache.

After she awoke, Hazel had some time to reflect on the previous day, becoming abruptly aware that what she thought was a vivid dream was completely realistic.

That is to say, what she had assumed was merely a bad dream turned out to be real.

The next thing Hazel did was search around the room. Searching for her friend, or rather, best friend.

Julius was the one who stepped in to help her. He arrived and took care of her, healing her hurt and putting an end to her tears, giving her something to hold on to.

He was nowhere to be found in her field of vision. As she sat up and began to rise, she let out a loud exhale, her knotted hair tumbling down her back.

Each step was excruciating. It was agonising, from merely sitting up to simply flipping her legs over her bed to get up.

It took Hazel some time to fully submerge, to regain control of her strength—whatever was left of it—and to push herself to the bathroom.

By the time she painfully walked inside, her legs were already aiming to give up on her. The pain in her legs was most likely from all the running, no, sprinting, she did yesterday.

But, it was also because of the downfall. Either one was as bad anyways.

Hazel had completed her morning business. Which concluded of brushing her teeth and hair, rinsing her face and drying it out.

There wasn't any way Hazel would be going to college today. She couldn't stomach missing a lesson, but she knew deep inside that she needed to stay at home.

Despite the fact that it was only 10:30 a.m., Hazel made it her mission to get her body back into its proper place today.

Beginning with her limping down a staircase. When Hazel looked around the house, it appeared to be untouched, implying that either her parents hadn't returned, or that they had and hadn't bothered to clean up their mess.