XIX

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴

♛♛♛

The bell above the door chimed loudly, the two entered inside the old vintage store Hazel had chosen to go to.

Her fingertips glided over the CD cases with ease, each one bearing a significant date, decade, genre, and artist.

Hazel was a big fan of music from the 1970s. The Bee Gees or the Eagles, preferably. Her musical tastes were varied, as she had previously stated.

Just as Hazel passed by some vinyl records, she gasped at what she saw next.

In a glass box, a pitch-black record player was on exhibit. The top was open, displaying a random record inside that shined reflectively from the light.

"Juls, look!" She pulled at his hand, her gaze never leaving the glass.

Julius came right behind her, emotionlessly looking at what she was. "I've been wanting one for so long,"

"Why haven't you gotten one?" He blandly asked, randomly starting to twirl his tatted finger around the ends of her hair.

"I can't afford to spend any more money on myself. I'm saving everything I've got so I can move out of my home and get my own place."

She glanced over her shoulder at him, solemnly smiling through pained eyes.

"It's beautiful isn't it though?" Looking back at the record player, Hazel almost smiled as she thought of the many midnight dance concerts she could have with the music playing on there, just like an old 70s life.

While Hazel fascinatingly skimmed through some records, she was so distracted that she hadn't realised the hand from hers had left, and so did the body attached to it.

Julius found himself signalling over the worker, silently ordering them to grab him a new one that wasn't unboxed. He peered over at her from the counter, the couple hundred bills on the bench, waiting.

The lady returned with the box containing a brand new record player. She grabbed the money and placed it in a brown paper bag with the store's logo on it, and he told her to keep the change as he strolled back towards her.

Hazel looked between two records, deciding which she would buy if she were to ever actually purchase a record player.

The Elvis Presley one was definitely caught her attention; his music brought her a sense of nostalgia for some reason.

A hand touched the bottom of her back, startling her. She swiftly turned around and was greeted by him.

She smiled as she held up both records and pointed to one of the Elvis albums' covers. "Do you like Elvis?"