XVII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘎𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

♛♛♛

Time could be cruel when you wanted it to go by fast.

But when the time is most right, it will go by too fast, only then do you want it to go slow.

It never works out either way.

And much for Hazel, these past three weeks have been hell.

Life was much the same. Study, work, eat, sleep, repeat. Of course, there were mini engagements in between periods, for example, some of Hazel's sleepless nights where her parents were obnoxious and uncaring.

Another example was that some nights she would spend with her two new friends, well not very new now. Both Trace'aline and Gracie have been keeping Hazel company, going out for dinner or having a late-night shopping spree.

They even visited her at lunch, once.

Percy was someone she hasn't seen for a while. Probably since the day they had lunch. She was concerned, maybe he had gotten sick or maybe he'd gone on a vacation. She didn't know.

Only last night had Hazel eaten dinner with her favourite old couple, also known as the owners of her only very favourite chocolate shop.

But with all of these distractions, never once has Hazel not thought about Julius. Her best friend and hopeless crush.

It's been about exactly three weeks since she's seen him and he was due to be back anytime soon. After dropping her home that night, she made him promise to call or at least text her once.

He didn't.

Assuming he was too busy, she dusted it off only this once.

But she couldn't help to think if he had even thought of her then. If he hadn't texted then that meant her name hadn't crossed his mind when he raced through hers every damn second.

If that was the case, then she was going to force her stupid attraction down her throat and keep it locked away for good. She couldn't have false hopes when she already had enough to worry about.

Flowers of different kinds passed by her on her journey to wherever she was to go. Going for a walk meant travelling to the furthest place away from your home.