IV

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

♛♛♛

She enters the home, gobsmacked and reluctant. The door closes quietly behind her, making sure she hadn't brought any attention to herself.

It was then she noticed that the home was awfully quiet, too quiet.

"Dad? Mum?" She called into the house, earning a single grunt from her father.

She walked further into the home, directly towards their kitchen. Her sight becomes fogged with her father's neutral state, his body clad in a work suit while his eyes follow the words on a piece of white paper in front of him.

"Hi Dad," She greeted, stepping forward and taking notice that the newly bought Vodka bottles hadn't been opened yet.

He looked up from the water bill and peered over at his only daughter. "How was the clinic Hazel?" he asked her in a flat tone.

She sighed and began to tug on the ends of her blue scrubs. "It was good. A little quieter today," she responded in a soft tone.

Without looking up, he nodded once in response and simply disregarded the anxious girl. Hazel took that as her cue to leave, retreating out of the kitchen and up the stairwell.

Arriving in her bedroom, she closed the door and made sure to lock it this time—even if her parents did have a key to open the door from the outside.

She threw her bag down onto the floorboard and sighed heavily as she untied her ponytail, allowing the silky red hair to breathe from the unbreathable style.

Her mind bristled with thoughts of the man from earlier on. Hazel has never been so fascinated and intrigued by a person—a man for more closure.

Julius seemed to have taken her breath away. Given the kind act he'd done her the night they met, he was also, admittedly, undeniably attractive.

His appearance was well intimidating, and he for sure scared the living bricks out of poor Hazel—but she was also forcibly attracted to this mysterious man.

Hazel had undressed out of her blue scrubs, taking a quick peek at her body in the mirror opposite her, and she nearly sighed aloud.

She's never been insecure, well, she has, just not overly. Her body wasn't one she was overly impressed with.

She had regular-sized breasts, she had a flat stomach with a little bit of a belly sometimes—but then when she ate the food she'd be bloated and then would have two rather large rolls.