XX

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘴

♛♛♛

The back of her shoulders was pierced by silver irises. Steps light and enthusiastic, hair blowing in the cold wind. Even the hands tucked underneath her arms wiggled in excitement.

"Oh my God, Juls!" She spun around in her spot, her eyes squinting and her cheeks spreading into a grin.

She stared at the rooftop as if it were Disneyland. Her gaze jumped from the scenery to the lowering sun, and back again.

Julius stood against the cement pillar, admiring and absorbing all of her beautiful nature.

He knew she would've liked this. She once told him how much she adored sunrises and sunsets, claiming that it was the colours that drew her in the most.

Julius would never have imagined himself on a rooftop, watching the sunset with a woman, in any of the prior realities.

But she wasn't just any woman.

No, she was his woman. His Hazel.

Hazel took a position on the ledge. Her forearms on the railing, her head held high, she watched the birds fly in front of a tower its hues reflected the sunset.

"Juls, come," She waved her hand behind her back, her gaze never leaving the scene.

Slowly, the man stepped away from the wall and began walking to her side.

With one last step, he was right by her side on the ledge. Viewing the small yet large city, his gaze never seemed to switch in that direction, instead, he looked at her.

Her eyes were closed. Her small button nose glistened red, and her hair was brushing behind her. Her lips were plump and red, and the smile on her face was pure beauty.

Almost every time he looked at her, he would be trapped in a stupor.

"It's so beautiful," She murmured, her eyes reopening and gleaming as she gazed at the sun. Tears prickled the corners of her eyes as the dark brown and green mixture was altered into a golden hue.

Julius locked his gaze on her, his hands clenched to prevent him from reaching out to wipe the stray tear from her eye.

"I wish this feeling would last forever."

Sighing, Hazel lowered her head down to her shoes now, as if the sunset was too much for her to handle.

Hesitating, Julius's actions formed without thought. An arm reached around her waist, lightly tugging her to his chest.