XI

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘈𝘯 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭'𝘴 𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴

♛♛♛

Light hiccups emitted her moist, red lips. Her body appeared to be weighed down by all the uncontrollable sobbing and cries.

Unaware of how long she has been sitting in her car sobbing, crying, and at one point tugging and pulling on the hairs on her head from the distress of despair.

Being alone in the midst of the chaos has just increased her predicament. She had no idea how to deal with it or what to do.

Hazel needed to call someone.

Anyone.

Her eyes blurred as she opened her phone, but she didn't cry. Only a few people appeared when she tapped into her contact list.

The first two on the list were her parents, which was an automatic no. The next two names she considered hitting with her hesitant finger which is Trace'aline and Gracie, but then she spotted the name underneath theirs.

Julius.

Somehow her finger hadn't hesitated for even a fraction of a second after registering, and before she realised it, the phone was pushed against her ear, and the sound of a number dialling had muffled her ache.

Please pick up.

The girl nervously chewed her fingertips, a habit that had never occurred to her before.

The line went silent as she took another shaky inhalation through her nose, with no indication that it had gone dead or that he had picked up.

"Hazel,"

That breath was released just as shakily as it came, the sound of his rich, reassuring voice had her feeling nothing but relief, and she had no idea why.

"Juls?" Her voice astounded both her and him as she spoke.

"What's wrong Hazel?" His tone was smooth and commanding as he spoke. The background noises seemed as if he was distancing himself from a loud venue to speak with her in a more quiet area.

"Something happened," In the bunched up ball she had curled up in, she began twisting her frame to the side. She sank farther into her seat, her head buried in the side of her car door.

With the continual emptiness coming from his end of the line, Hazel was at a loss for words. She prefered to speak with him face to face, to watch his facial expressions and his soulless gaze, which has become a source of comfort for her.

"Tell me," He said it gently but with a strained tone. A gust of wind blew through the speakers, touching her ears. She assumed he was someplace outside, away from the previously audible crowd.