XXVII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

♛♛♛

"Hazel!"

Little Jamie ran through the opening glass doors, arms wide open as his little legs carried him toward the young woman.

"Hi, Jamie!" Hazel exclaimed, taking in his small arms that fell around her neck.

He squeezed her tightly before pulling away with a jump in his step.

"Percy dropped me off, he has to go do some stuff," Jamie said the word 'stuff' rather sarcastically, which had Hazel cracking into a fit of giggles.

"Stuff, huh?" She lifted him onto the bed and began grabbing her tools and necessary equipment.

"Yeah," He replied, drawing out the word while swinging his feet back and forth.

"Guess what, Hazel?"

"What?"

She turned around and saw him take out a mini Ninja Turtle figure, the blue one.

"I'm going to be a rockstar when I'm a grown-up. You know like play the guitar and stuff,"

He started making the blue Ninja Turtle jump from one of his thighs to the next one, Hazel found it utterly amusing.

"You know what Jamie, I think you'd make an amazing guitarist,"

His hair fell in front of his eyes as he jerked his head up to look at her, his face mirroring confusion. "A what?"

She let out another giggle, her eyes nearly watering from all the laughter. "A rockstar, Jamie."

He grinned and nodded. "Well, I think so too, Hazel."

She hummed and started to give him his check-up.

"Hazel, what's that on your cheek?" He pointed his little finger toward the red mark, Hazel internally sighed at the question.

After dinner last night, Julius was keen on having Hazel sleep at his house last night. But Hazel convinced him enough that both her parents would be sleeping by the time she was home.

He didn't believe her, so he dropped her home and walked her to her front door, checking inside the house to see that it was trashed but both adults were passed out along the couch.