BONUS CHAPTER III

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘜𝘴

♛♛♛

White walls seemed to enclose around the young woman. Her hazel eyes widened with fear, stumbling feet running back into the wall and hands dropping to her gasping mouth.

The pregnancy test sat below her feet, two very clear red lines making it the only thing her gaze sees.

"Hazel, dear? Are you alright in there?"

She jumps at the sudden soft voice of her coworker, Anthony Weller was a very sweet middle-aged woman who had helped her in the process of starting her nursing career at their local hospital.

Right now, Hazel wasn't in any state to reply with much confidence, yet she tried either way.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you, Tony!" Her voice was shaky, extremely shaky. Although the older woman seemed to let it go, telling Hazel to call out to her if she needed a hand.

Hazel hears her footsteps fade and then she returns to her current situation.

Exactly nine minutes ago Hazel had to run out of her workplace due to the powering force of nausea occurring to her.

For the past few days she had been having these episodes daily, whether it be vomiting or extreme fatigue issues or stomach congestion. She felt so much and thought it had only been a bug, her period had been due last week.

Curiosity took over her and she had bought a test after work last night, and coincidentally she still had it in her bag.

Hazel threw up and it continued for a few minutes until her stomach settled down. She had gone to the toilet and hastily took the test, not knowing that her life would immediately change after that moment of knowing.

Hazel had her hands buried beneath her hands, her cheeks rosy warm and tears nearly ushering down her cheeks.

She didn't know what to feel, she felt shocked, surely. But she felt something as close to happiness, but her mind just ran to her husband every time the thought of a little human was residing in her right now.

What would he think? What would he say?

It wasn't that he didn't want a child with Hazel, they've talked about it many times to count. The promises he made to her, letting her know that he wanted as many children as she wanted with him, he was happy with anything.

But Hazel hadn't expected it to be this soon.

Slowly, Hazel's shock turns into panic as her phone buzzes on the ledge of the bathroom sink. Hastily, she sits up onto her knees and picks up the vibrating phone, seeing the caller ID as 'Juls❤️'