V

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

♛♛♛

"A regular fruit bowl, please."

The older lady nodded once and picked up the plastic bowl full of different fruits. Hazel gave her the money, seeming to have enough this time—the woman nodded, excusing her.

The young girl picked up her fruit bowl and began going towards an open table. She chose one in the centre, where she would be surrounded by friends and lovers.

She took her fork and stabbed a slice of mango from the fruit bowl, then absorbed it into her mouth. The lunchroom was rather crowded, so Hazel took a look around.

Everyone appeared to be having a good time with each other. Laughing, chatting, some working. It made Hazel happy while also making her envious.

Unfortunately, many people didn't get along with her. They either found her annoying or wanted her for some other purpose, which Hazel defies.

Before she could turn away and return to poking her fruit, a boy who Hazel recognised entered the lunchroom.

Percy walked in with a scowl on his face, the same expression he had when they first met. His thumbs were typing furiously on his phone as he glared at it.

He took a seat at a random table immediately next to hers, she noticed. He hadn't looked up from his phone yet, and Hazel had averted her gaze.

She wondered as she popped a green grape into her mouth if he'd been studying here all along and she'd just missed him.

Their eyes locked just as the boy finally looked up from his device. Hazel took a deep breath and smiled as she hesitantly lifted her hand and waved.

Between her hand and her face, his gaze shifted back and forth. Then, surprisingly, he motioned for little Hazel to come over by nodding at the seat across from him.

Hazel's hazel eyes widened a glimmer, her gaze flitting to the area as an unidentified warm sensation washed over her.

She quickly closed her plastic bowl and slid the fork between her teeth while grabbing her bag and darting over to his table.

She hurriedly tossed her bag on the floor, then drew the seat out and slid into it. Looking up, she gave a big smile to the boy, who simply gave her an enhanced frown.

"Do you go to school here?" Hazel questioned as she reopened her fruit bowl and dove in, stabbing a strawberry with her fork.

He tilted his head and shrugged carelessly. "Yeah," he murmured.

"What do you study?" She then asked, quietly crossing her fingers that their meeting would lead to friendship.

His gaze shifted back to the pinging phone, which he dismissively ignored and dropped onto the table with a loud sigh before returning his focus to her.