XXXII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘕𝘦𝘸

♛♛♛

"You guys are what!?"

Both Trace'aline and Gracie looked at Hazel as if she'd just spat out the largest lie of all time. As if she'd gone crazy.

"Mhm yeah, we're together now." The woman admits shyly.

The hot chocolate between her palms rose to her lips. Instantly hitting her taste buds, the warm drink melted down her throat, calming her nerves.

"Holy fucking shit." Trace casually sips her tea, masking a slurping sound to go with her dramatics.

Gracie rolled her eyes at her girlfriend and leaned over the table to talk to Hazel. "I'm not surprised really. Like we saw it coming, didn't we Trace?"

Trace hums, nodding her head equally.

"Totally." She grins. Hazel looked between them both, confused and amused. She didn't know why they were being weird, they usually got all flustered when Hazel talked about Julius and her.

"We're happy for you, though. Julius needs someone like you, and I guess you need Julius too." Gracie says, taking her palm and Trace adds her own too.

"Thank you." She blushed, shrugging ever so lightly. "How about you two? Anything new going on?"

Gracie moved back and shrugged casually, taking her glass of orange juice into her palm. "We've got a mission coming up in a few weeks, we're trying to loca—

"Gracie!" Trace exclaimed loudly—interrupting Gracie's words, her lips upturned into a huge, terrifying smile. "Remember those pigeons we saw the other night, they were naked!"

The cafe was crowded and lively, so luckily her little outburst wasn't noticed.

"Mission?" Hazel asked confused. She scooted her body closer to the table to hear them properly, she's never heard the phrase used before.

Gracie's cheeks turned pink at the mention of her mistake, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Uh, yes. We like to think we're spies when we go on business trips, it just makes them more fun." She explains quite meekly.

Hazel nods her head slowly, it was odd per se but understandable. She would do it if she had to go to all these long lectures of nothing.

The subject was dusted aside instantly and the girls then caught up further. Hazel explained the deal with her parents and her living situation, the girls made it clear to Hazel that if she ever needed to stay somewhere she was always welcome in their spare room.

The night before, the memory of her being locked in a bathroom and Julius coming to get her out was only briefly in her memory. She was too tired and drowsy to remember the rest. But what she did know, was that the other side of her bed was used.