Chapter Three

Clarissa's POV:

It's been a week since I've seen Matteo, I wanted to look for them but the way he reacted didn't encourage me at all and the Austin has increased the beating didn't help at all.

I haven't gone to a race, a fight nor to a mission because I know that my body will not handle it. So instead of doing assassination work, I would go to my penthouse dress my wounds properly and lay down for hours so that I would get energy.

I have a feeling that something happened with Austin because he wouldn't just increase the beating without a reason or he's just a fucking psycho so that doesn't question his doings.

I haven't eaten in two days usually I would order food when I'm at my house but I wouldn't have the energy to even get up. Alex was so worried, I haven't seen him since he arrived to New York because I didn't have the energy. I keep assuring him that I'm fine, and I keep lying to him that I have work or something, I didn't even tell him about the incident with my brother.

I'm driving to my penthouse and decided that I'd grab something to eat on the way. I park near a cafe and step into it. I buy a croissant and an iced tea. The receptionist looks me up and down and I forgot that I still have worn-out clothes on.

I give her my normal card just so she wouldn't suspect me stealing the black card or something because I can't be bothered dealing with the police right now.

She calls my name, I take my food and leave while I'm on my way to my car, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket, I take it out and it's Alex calling.

Alex: hey, we should meet up today I have something to tell you.
Clarissa: ok but first I need to go and change my clothes, where do you wanna meet and when?
Alex: in an hour at the Culture Espresso cafe (found it on google I don't even know where it is)
Clarissa: alright meet you in an hour.

I get in my car and drive to the penthouse, after eating my breakfast, I take a quick shower and get changed.

I get in my car and drive to the cafe, I feel like someone is following me or something

I get in my car and drive to the cafe, I feel like someone is following me or something. I kept looking at my mirrors but there's nothing suspicious.

I arrive at the cafe, I look for Alex but I can't find him, he's probably a bit late or something. I order myself a coffee since I had breakfast and slide myself into a booth. The whole time I felt like someone's watching me I got my phone out and leaned back to the booth. I opened the app that I created to check for any guns around and found two, one which is with me and the other with Alex who just got in.

I always carry a gun and a pocket knife with me just in case.

Alex saw me and walked towards me. I got up and hugged him. "My mom has been killing me wanting to see you," he said.

I smiled at him and said, "sorry, I haven't seen you or your parents in a while, just been busy with work, you know".

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have my own designing company. It's one of the best, everyone wants to know who is the owner, but I never show my face knowing my uncle would know and hang me.