Chapter Seven

Clarissa's POV:

Yesterday, after I told them everything, I fell asleep knowing I'm finally in a place where I can be loved and taken care of. Before I fell asleep, they were all fighting about who's gonna stay with me, I was so happy that the smile on my face didn't vanish for a second.

After fighting for fifteen minutes, I decided to step in and kick them all out telling them I needed space, so they all left scowling at me which I return with a grin.

This morning, I woke up with mom and dad sitting and talking to each other waiting for me to wake up. They got me food and mom helped go and freshen up. After eating, we all sat down and they started telling me about the whole family and what they've done in the last thirteen years.

While we're talking they suddenly tensed as if they remembered something. I looked at them confused but they just looked at each other and nodded.

Mom looked at me "sweetheart, I know that this is your choice and we won't pressure but we thought that this would be good for you. " She said hopefully, I just looked at her with a blank face waiting for them to tell me what's going on.

"Honey, we were thinking and we made a decision that we think is gonna be good for your health. We thought you should start seeing a therapist and we made an appointment with a family friend." Dad said sighing. Then I heard the door creaking open, so I knew that my brothers are listening to the conversation. I looked at them and frowned.

Let's mess with them a little.

"No! I'm not ready to talk about it to a stranger. You shouldn't have made this decision for me knowing that I might not accept it. Did you think that I would be like my stupid brothers and do everything you say?" They looked at me shocked but then I smiled and pointed to the door quietly, they shook their head smiling at me.

"Sweatheart, we thought it would be good for you. I didn't expect you to react this way. Even though your brothers are stupid but they're not that bad." mom said going on with the game.

Dad was silently watching us amused. I looked at him and winked. "Dad, seriously, you had to give me seven annoying  brothers with anger issues." I heard some whispering outside and started laughing, I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Come on in, you annoying brothers of mine," I yelled. They all came in glaring at me, if looks could kill I would be six feet under.

I started laughing hysterically and then looked at them, their eyes softening. I sobered up and looked at them smiling. "I knew that you were listening to our conversation so I decided to mess with you." I looked at mom and dad "and I don't mind going to a therapist, I was gonna ask you to book me an appointment."

They all looked at me proudly, and then I saw something colourful behind Lucas and the twins as if they were trying to hide it.

Enzo saw me looking at it, walked towards me and sat on the bed next to me. "we thought that since we haven't given you balloons since your third birthday why don't we do it now. We wanted to do the things we always dreamed of doing, even though we all grew up but you'll always be our baby." He smiled softly at me, and then the twin moved and Lucas held out the balloons in front of him.

I looked at them and started crying. They all looked at me worriedly and started asking questions if I'm hurt or that I didn't like it or something but I was feeling the exact opposite this is the best thing ever. I couldn't stop myself from launching on Enzo and hugging him with a death grip nearly choking him.

Everyone stopped talking and started laughing at Enzo. I pulled back and looked at them with the brightest smile.

"You know guys, I would always walk past the parks and see brothers buying their little sister or brother balloons. I always wanted to be them, to have my brothers buy me those beautiful colourful balloons. I always wanted to be those little kids and fly those balloons after making a wish, I love you guys so much. This is the best gift ever, thank you so much." I said with tears falling down my cheeks.