Chapter Thirteen

Clarissa's POV:

Everyone went to their rooms after dinner. Mom was gonna help me go to bed but I told her that I'm good and she agreed hesitantly but I told her that I would call her if I need help.

I walked to my room after bidding everyone goodnight. I went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. I walked back to my room and laid on the soft bed falling into a deep slumber.

Oblivious to the fact that I forgot to take my nightmare medication.

TW mention of abuse and strong language.

I was in the kitchen making him dinner. I'm tired, he was very intense yesterday. I seriously don't understand why he keeps doing it. But I'm also happy I finished high school yesterday, I'm definitely gonna start uni tomorrow, I'm thinking of medical school.

My thoughts are interrupted by a loud thud behind me making me jump, I turn around. HE stood there looking at me angrily, the thud was from the chair that was thrown across the room. Oh no, did I take too long again?

"WHY ISN'T THE FOOD READY YOU WORTHLESS BITCH?" He roared, I gave him a blank face but on the inside, I was dying from fear.

"ANSWER ME WHEN I ASK YOU SOMETHING," He yelled again making me gulp but I didn't say anything, what was I supposed to say anyway.

He grabbed my hands and put them in the boiling food, I screamed in pain. I hope I still have from the burning cream.

He held my hair in a tight grip and pushed me to the floor making the pot fall on me, I thank god for wearing two shirts under my hoodie or I would have to go to the hospital. He kicked the pot away and punched me in the stomach and then my face. He grabbed my head and slammed me on the floor, I felt something on my head then I realised it's blood.

He kept hitting me until he got tired and left. I held my head and cried. "dad," I whimpered hoping he would come and help me, I screamed for my brothers and dad to help me out of here but they never came.

After giving up, I fell into unconsciousness.

Third person's POV:

Everyone was asleep in the mansion except for the oldest brothers, Dante, Ales and Paolo. They were the only ones who heard Claris' screams. They ran into her room and their heart broke.

Their sister was thrashing in her sleep and screaming for them to help her.

"DAD, PLEASE, DANTE, HELP ME. TONY." She screamed in pain, "PAOLO, ALES, LEO, SERGIO" she kept screaming their names with tears streaming down her face.

Everyone woke up from their deep sleep and ran into Clarissa's room to see her thrashing in her sleep while her brothers holding her down trying to wake her up. All the ladies started crying while the men stood there not knowing what to do. The younger brothers were crying.

Dante kept calling her name to wake up but she was so into the nightmare she couldn't feel anyone around her. "CLARISSA," Paolo shouted making her jerk up from her sleep looking at them wide-eyed, her mom ran to her and hugged her tightly to her chest.

"M-mom, h-he w-wouldn't st-stop," she said looking at her mother, everyone had tears in their eyes.

"I-I t-told him t-to stop, h-he wouldn't," she stuttered again, her mom was holding her in her arms not knowing what to do other than that.

Then she looked around the room and realised what was happening she sat up quickly making everyone look at her surprised, "I'm s-sorry you guys had to wake up b-because of me," she said trying to stop herself from stuttering.