Chapter 1

Trigger Warning – Non-con.]

"So, the false interpretation of the Word of God turned out to be correct, and the noble woman who has received the true Word of God is worshiped here."

This was the worst day of Philia's life. She looked at those standing in front of her. Everyone turned their backs on her and looked at someone else.

In the middle of two rows of priests, walking side by side gracefully, was a woman. Philia looked at them with a blank expression.

It was the place where she once stood.

"The Saintess, Bianca."

It's known that God would sometimes send down a Saint on a whim to make His existence known.

The Saint designated by the oracle, God's Word, was Philia. However, not too long ago, the priest who interpreted the oracle the first time committed suicide after saying that his interpretation was wrong. Or, to be more precise, 'manipulated'.

Philia did nothing wrong. Because she was really innocent. The real Saintess, who was found after the oracle was properly interpreted, was a noble, dignified, and ideal Saint. She looked different from Philia, who had always doubted herself.

Wearing a laurel wreath from the High Priest, when Bianca flashed a bright smile, everyone began to cheer. Philia smiled bitterly and clapped.

'It can't be helped.'

Then, Bianca looked at Philia. Seeing this exchange, the High Priest opened his eyes and said:

"What are the priests doing? Why is that woman still there!"

People's eyes were fixed on Philia. Sadly, since the oracle has revealed that she was not the real Saintess, no one gave her a second look. Because, everyone was busy with the newly found Saintess.

Philia looked at the High Priest, who used to be kind to her, but now he looked like he was looking at something dirty that needed to be cleaned up.

Philia looked around. Everyone was staring down at her with an unfamiliar expression.

It was as if her childhood growing up in the temple did not happen at all. The priests, paladins, and servants who were friendly to her all looked at her with reproach.

They were all asking with their eyes.

'Why are you here, fake?'

When she was thirteen years old, the oracle was granted and she was separated from her parents by the priests. She was forced to live as the Saintess, but everyone was so kind to her that she forgot the grief over her separation from her family. And yet... that tenderness disappeared as soon as it was revealed that Philia wasn't the real Saintess.

Swallowing her bitter heart, Philia came out among the crowd and curtsied to greet them.

"I am sorry for remaining here without any qualifications. Thank you to everyone who has been kind to me."

"..."

"I am no longer worthy to speak to God. I wish the best of luck to everyone."

This was Philia's last ounce of pride.

She knew that they didn't make this mistake because they wanted to. In the past, Saints ordained by oracles could use divine powers, so they could determine whether they were a Saint or not, but now the Saints couldn't do that. Therefore, the only thing that could identify the Saint was the 'oracle'. Mistakes like this can happen.

'It's my fault.'

At that time when the priests came to pick her up, saying she was the Saintess, she should have spoken strongly. When she wanted to ask a question, she should have spoken to the High Priest without hesitation. It was her fault that she didn't say anything because she was afraid of losing the affection and love they gave her.