chapter 15

"Did you find her?"

"Yes."

"Where in the world?!"

Irik exclaimed. The workers hesitated.

"That is... We tracked down the last boutique she went to."

"Then?"

Irik's face hardened. They looked at each other's faces. They were hesitating whether or not to say this.

"A carriage went and took her away."

"Carriage? Which family?"

As expected, it was a noble family that was protecting Philia.

"That is..."

"Say it!"

"That is..."

It's not unusual to have a bit of greed. Irik threw the bag of gold coins into the man's arms. Then the hesitation disappeared in his eyes.

"It seems to have been the Crown Prince's."

"Haa..."

Irik was not shocked. Instead, he remained in deep thought.

It was no surprise. The anxiety he had in his heart just became a reality.

"So, did they go to the Imperial Palace?"

"Probably..."

"Alright. Go back."

The workers bowed their heads and went back. Irik clenched his teeth. He threw the vase that was on the table. A large crash resounded as the vase broke.

"That guy..."

After all, what he saw was not in vain. It wasn't just a brief glance at Philia. How many men covet the saint Philia.

"May God curse you."

Even though Philia wasn't a real saint, she was a girl who had been raised with great care in the temple. Even if the oracle was manipulated, this fact did not change. What a pure, clean child she was.

"Philia."

Irik thought of Philia's smiling face.

'Brother Irik.'

He missed Philia's figure. Whenever she did her prayers, she did not know how reverent and beautiful she was. And when she finished her prayers, how dazzling her smile was when she made eye contact with him...

"Philia... I miss you."

Irik thought of Philia. Irik hated the real saint, Bianca. She was filled with earthly stains on her. Unlike Philia, who could only think of prayers and memorizing the scripture, all Bianca did was sway the believers and try to win over Irik.

God made a mistake. Irik clenched his teeth.

Irik called the priest and sent him a letter telling that he was going to the Imperial Palace. If he would get the chance to meet Philia, he would explain the circumstances to her.

That kind child would understand. He would sincerely apologize, and from now on, he would take care of her, not that prince.

Irik's heart was pounding.

In the space he had arranged for her, Philia would be in his care. She would wait for him and smile as she was glad to welcome him back.

For some reason, the more he remembered Philia's pitiful figure, the tighter his heart became.
As if he just 'anticipated' that life.