Chapter 18

"Philia..."

Irik grabbed Philia's shoulder. At that moment, the shoulder of the dress she was wearing came down. Irik saw the red marks left on her neck. He knew at once what those were.

That man—the man's mouth coveted her. His saint had already been defiled.

"Are you sleeping with the prince?"

At Irik's words, Philia's vision turned white.

"Tell me, Philia, did you give up your body?"

Contrary to her vision, her face was dyed red with shame.

"I'm asking if you got yourself defiled by a man!"

Being defiled... Philia became a dirty woman in an instant. For a moment, Philia saw contempt in Irik's eyes. No, it was perhaps hatred towards her.

"You too... You are just like any other woman."

"......"

"You fell for the man's appearance, for obsession with wealth... Now you have given away your precious innocence. As soon as you knew you were not a saint, you gave your body to the flames of filthy lust!"

Along with shame, why did she feel guilty? Now, she was no longer a saint. She didn't have to keep her vows of chastity either. At Irik's remarks, she bowed her head like a criminal. Then, Irik became even more incensed.

"I was wrong about you. You have already changed."

Irik's chilly voice pierced the back of her neck. And as she looked down, the blue dress she was wearing filled her gaze. This was a gift from Claude. Because he knew she liked colorful clothes. Philia grabbed the hem of her skirt. No, she was not a sinner.

"Don't treat me like a sinner."

"......."

"You said you value me, Priest, and yet you ignored me the most."

"......."

"I am not a saint."

"Philia."

"And yes. I slept with His Highness."

"You!"

"It was what I was hoping for. Actually, I was very attracted to His Highness."

"......."

"I guess I was a woman who couldn't help it. I apologize for disappointing you. But, Priest. You have no right to criticize and scold me. I am just now an ordinary person."

"......."

"Even if I was foolishly deceived by His Highness. Even if I get abandoned by His Highness. I will take responsibility for my life. So please go back."

Irik's face burned red with anger. Philia had a determined expression on her face.

"Philia!"

"Brother was disappointed with me, but I was also disappointed with Brother."

Tears welled up in Philia's blue eyes. Irik looked at her with a puzzled expression. It was Philia, who became the kind of woman he loathed. But why was she shaking with those tears? Irik looked at her and, as if possessed, spoke to Philia.

"Philia... I... I– Nevertheless. I cannot give up on you."

It was a bittersweet regret. He was angry at Philia for being defiled by another man, but when Philia cut him off, Irik was terrified.