Chapter 4

Philia woke up from her sleep, and when she opened her eyes, she found that her body had been washed clean and that she was wearing soft clothes. As she sat up, she habitually rang the bell, then flinched.

'Here... Where is this place?'

Then she remembered the love affair that happened yesterday. Her face was hot. When the door opened, a maid with washing water came in.

"Are you awake?"

"..."

"My name is Paula, and I will be serving you from today."

"...Yes."

"Are you hungry? Shall I ask for breakfast to be prepared?"

"No, I, that..."

"Or are you feeling unwell?"

Paula's face grew serious. Her body ached. Even her lower part was tingling. It was proof of yesterday's love affair. She shook her head with a red face.

"Where, where is His Highness?"

"His Highness is at the Imperial Palace."

"Oh..."

It was an obvious answer.

"Then where are we?"

"This is the mansion that His Highness personally owns."

"Oh..."

"His Highness mentioned that you must rest well while waiting."

"Yes."

Philia wanted to go into a mouse hole. How could she possibly face Claude again?

"No, I'm fine. Please tell him that I'm sorry for causing trouble."

Philia stood up. Paula was startled and stopped her. The calm-looking maid was unusually bewildered, but Philia didn't notice.

"Oh, Milady..."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not even a lady. I will definitely pay him back for letting me stay for one night, and for the clothes."

"Oh, Milady... Now, your body."

"It's okay. I brought this on myself."

Straightforward. She was too straightforward. Philia smiled with clear blue eyes, and then she went out into the hallway. The maid, Paula, became desperate. If she let this lady leave this place, she would be killed by the Crown Prince.

"Milady, please have mercy on me."

"Pardon?"

To keep her here, without knowing that she was captured and locked up. What Claude ordered was a soft confinement.

"It is presumptuous, but I know you're not feeling well."

"..."

Philia bowed her head in shame. After all, who did the cleanup? This person must have done it.

"If I let the Lady go out like that, I will be severely punished. Of course, I don't want the Lady to leave either."

"Oh..."

Philia was lost in thought as she saw Paula begging for mercy. She couldn't do any harm to Paula for acting arbitrarily.

"I see. Then, I'll talk to him myself."

"Can you please?"

Paula had a bright expression on her face. Philia nodded, and the maid sighed in relief.