Chapter 6

3 Month's Later

A day before Amy was due home Jack and Lisa and Lou were in the Kitchen when Lou spoke up, "Ty's Just turned up".
Jack Grumbled and went outside but saw Ty in his Truck being followed by another big modern Truck and a big RAM  Truck on the back of it.
Ty pulled up outside the Fence and asked the other Truck to park the Ram next to his.
They shook hands and Ty thanked  both his mates then the large Truck drove off with Ty's friends in it.
"What's this then Ty, you moving up in the world with a modern Truck".
"Nope, it's for Amy, that's why I've been working so much".
"Well who knew you were so secretive".
"Well it's a second hand write off Ram and my Two mates from college have been rebuilding it as fast as I could earn the cash".
"Ahhh, so that's why the Skype calls were less and the visits".
"Yeah Jack , but I couldn't say anything to Amy without spoiling the surprise".
"Even when she finished with you".
"Well I love her Jack, I hope she understands why I did what I did".
Jack walks round and has a look inside and out.
"Wow Ty, they did a great Job rebuilding it and I bet it wasn't cheap either ".
"Well the Truck cost me 200 Dollars cause it was a write off, it was the parts that cost. My mates didn't charge me because they did it together as part of their Mechanic Project, can you help me fit the Red Ribbon and I need Lou to do the Bow".
Just then Lou came out to see what was going on and walked over to the Blue Ram Truck.
"Glad your here Lou , need help with the Red Bow".
"Is this why you've been doing all this working Ty".
"Yep, couldn't really say anything without giving away the surprise ".
"Ohhh Ty, she's going to love it".
"I hope so Lou, and forgive me".
Lou whispered into his ear.
"Yeah , I've got that too so when she comes to see inside the truck I'll be in there with the Ring so will you record it Lou".
"Yep, you bet".
They were Just walking up the steps to the Porch as Tim turns up.
"Oh you turn up finally, your an idiot for ignoring her,,,,,
"Tim come here and look why he's been so busy".
Tim stares at the big Red Bow on a Truck that's better than his.
"So this is why you haven't been seeing my Daughter".
They all looked at Tim and Jack put his hand on Ty's shoulder and moved him into the Kitchen".
"I was talking".
"You don't say Tim, I thought I heard something,  oh well never mind Tim.
Let's have some Dinner shall we. Amy will be back tomorrow hopefully ".
They all sat down for something to eat including Tim who always invites himself.
"So that Truck was more important than my Daughter's feeling's then Ty".
"Of course not, but it was a big project  and working every spare moment was the only way I could afford it, I didn't want her driving around in something that wasn't safe".
"Do you know if this truck is safe, I mean your mate's could of forgotten to attach anything".
"First of all Tim my mate's are in the same University studying Mechanical engineering, They rebuilt this Truck at the University as one of there Projects under the supervision of there Professor who also helped, and they got top marks for the Job they did, it was then sent for an inspection and passed with flying colours. Do you have any other criticisms you'd like to ask".
"I think you put a lot of thought into this Ty, well done".
"Thanks Jack, it's nice of you to say".
Tim went red in the face but not in anger, but out of being made to look an idiot as usual. The rest of the meal was quiet  and afterwards Lou gave Ty a key to one of the Dude Ranch Cabins.
"Why you giving Ty a Cabin, he could stay in the Loft".
"Me and Lou will do what we want with our Dude Ranch Tim, won't we Lou".
"Yep we certainly will lisa".
"Thanks Guy's,  are you sure, the Loft and me are old friends ".
"See he doesn't mind sleeping in the Loft".
"Tim, the Loft isn't fit to sleep in at the moment because the Roof Leaks and the bed is in the Quonset Hut, Ty, your sleeping at the Dude Ranch,  and that's the end of it Tim".
"Well I'm going to turn in after that drive  thanks for Dinner Lou".
"Your welcome Ty, see you in the Morning ".
"You fuss around him too much ".
"Tim, you'll change your tune once I've Graduated and Earning a hell of a lot more than you do, goodnight all".

To be continued