Chapter Twenty 2

Italy Harris:

Exams were arriving soon and my students were working hard, Every faculty member received an email about a celebratory dance before graduation and it was our job to set everything up and include any volunteers of our students. I'm sure they would help, they like me very much.

It's an interlude to school and I sit at my desk stressing, I'm surprised I don't have any bags beneath my eyes... Yet. I pick up the coffee I'd obtained from the teacher's lounge but ugh! The school's coffee sucked.

"Italy?"

I flinched startled by Mira's gentle tone, I faked a smile gesturing her to come in. "Hello, Mira what can I aid you with?" I chirp

She smiles "Can we talk?"

"Of course, come sit" Mira sits across from me

"I know exams are coming and all but... It's been my precious goal to become a photographer and I recently took a class that will take some of my time - I was hoping that you could extend my studying span and I promise Italy, I will not neglect my current studies, I need the perfect record for my future colleges resumes" 

She sounded desperate and filled with hope wanting to achieve her dreams.

I sigh "I don't wanna get in the way of your career Mira and I do see great potential in you which is why I'll grant you extra time-"

She clapped broadening her grin "Thank you so much, Italy"

"However, In exchange, I need your help too," I say reluctantly

"Anything"

"Great! You know the school dance is coming up?"

She nods "Yes"

"The faculty needs student volunteers to help set up the gym so I hope-"

"Of course, Italy I'd be happy to help"

I grin "Thank you so much, Mira, and don't be afraid to ask your friends to help out"

"I'd be happy too"

We stand "That's good to hear, Mira, and good luck" Once she was gone after giving her more information, I frowned returning to my seat as my problems came rushing back.

Roman is my living misery and he couldn't care less. He knows where I live, hangs, and finds ways to torture me and I can't take it anymore. If I went directly to someone Roman would find a way to make me the bad guy, it's the hard truth...

School is finally over and I couldn't wait to go home where it was safe unfortunately Jace won't be home but I'll lock every door. I packed my bags and left the classroom locking the door behind me.

Jace texted telling me he'll see me in the morning and it wasn't exactly happy news. Ever since his new promotion started I began missing him and I wanted to open up about everything finally.

Exiting school heading towards my car needing to grade papers when I get home. I had a busy night ahead of me.

       'See yah Italy' Bye Italy!'

I grin waving back hearing students in groups wave and shout at me. It felt nice to be liked especially by these kids which brought me warmth and encouragement to keep returning to work but sadly Roman made sure to ruin it all by his sick infatuation.

Soon I'm back at a silent empty home setting my stuff down. I let my hair loose from its tight bun heading towards the bedroom, ready for a shower and nap. Roman and I might be in different classes but I can still feel him stalking me in the shadows and that's the creepy part.

I approached my bedroom taking off my shirt wanting to take a nap and escape from reality just for an hour - it's my only escape. I yawned supposing I could grade papers later as I opened my comforter ready to get it.

And it was like the world became quiet as the hairs on my arms stood up when the door behind me closed and I froze assuming the worst.

"Hello Lil Bird"

The tension condensed hearing Roman's husky voice and my heart dropped inside my stomach. Oh no! When Roman approached behind me, His hands appeared on my waist as his nose flaked through my hair hearing him inhale.

"R-Roman don't" My voice wavered

"I miss seeing you in class Lil bird" Nipping at my skin, suddenly Roman unclasped the back of my bra taking me by surprise

"And my taste buds were craving your sweet wet flesh again"  Just hearing him say that sent cold shivers everywhere...

"Roman please" I attempt to pluck off his fingers from my waist.

He pushes me onto the bed tugging off the shirt from his body then joins me soon after, He pins me to the bed after my failed escape noticing the crazy look in Roman's eyes.

"We've discussed this so your mine tonight" His insanity blows my mind, He's truly fucked up

"No! I'm not" I shot forward biting his neck, Roman yelped in pain, and I took the opportunity to push him off and then ran from the room with Roman on my tail.

Shit!

I made it to the living room until Roman caught me, yanking us down to the sofa. I grunt attempting to fight him off unfortunately Roman was stronger than I was pinning me down where I couldn't move.

"NO!!" I shot up on the bed frantically looking around the room realizing it was a bad dream, I must have been so exhausted that I fell alseep vastly. God! I can't even be free in my dreams like I thought I would be and I exasperatedly groaned getting up from the bed and grabbing my cell phone knowing I can't keep living like this. 

Then I remembered my idea and I prayed he could be my high hope in helping me with my problem so I dialed his number crossing my fingers to see if he was free and willing to see me.

Then he picked up "Italy, What a surprise"

"Sorry that I'm calling so late-"

"No, no! You can always call me anytime, Italy so what's up?" He asked warmly

I sighed "Can we meet tomorrow? There's something we must discuss?"

He became quiet so he must have noticed the distress in my voice and I didn't mean to - I couldn't keep my tone happy I guess.

"Of course, Italy I'll text you the place and I'll see you tomorrow"

We hung up and I slumped down on the bed realizing how mentally tired I was, Roman drained me completely and something must be done.

I try sleeping again and am eager to hopefully resolve the problem tomorrow.

Thanks for reading // Who did Italy call? I'm sure you guys already know // Until next time.