Chapter Eight

Italy Harris

I arrived home an hour ago sitting inside the living room, dressed in my comfy sweats while drinking tea.

I blankly stare at the fireplace rethinking what happened earlier,

My father and Roman.

What am I gonna tell jace? Should I tell him? He's been so busy and stressed about the wedding and work including me.

I sighed in distress, hating how this is happening to me, why would Roman kiss and felt me up?

Did I lead him on?

Was I too nice?

What did I do?

I'm confused and worried.

I closed my eyes, focusing on my breathing.

If I told jace it would only add the stress and I just got this job and I don't wanna ruin it by starting a controversy that will hopefully be nothing...

Taking a deep breath, I reopen my eyes.

Hopefully, this situation will be nothing... Totally!

Roman was at the bar and possibly drinking.

Setting my mug down, I rub my face waiting for jace to get home from work.

I won't tell him... Jace doesn't deserve this.

I can handle this on my own and I will.

I'm glad today is Saturday I need to recover after today but what happened with my father, Jace should know of.

I stood and walked over to my laptop needing to check my emails. The field trip takes place on Monday.

After a few clicks, the principal sends more information about the trip but when I saw the subject of camping my stomach drops.

Camping!! The museum I thought we were going to is wrong. Turns out the museum we are attending is located at the corner of the city that I happen to visit when I was a teenager.

Educated place and it has a humongous campground.

"Two days and two nights exploring nature and life. Pack warm clothes and essentials." I read off.

I like the outdoors and time with my students but alone in the woods and Roman with his crush over me doesn't look well right now.

I frowned replying to the email, notifying with the confirmation.

Monday morning I will confront Roman and hopefully, his crush over me will end when I let him down easily.

Roman seems sweet and maybe nothing will go wrong.