Chapter Twenty 3

Italy Harris:

I feel delighted today as I make my way towards the restaurant where we agreed to meet up the next day, I didn't get much sleep last and Jace got home so late that I only saw a glimpse of him before falling asleep again. 

It's been hard to achieve the right time to tell him everything but something keeps getting in the way so I decided to get some advice from someone who truly understands my situation and hopefully helps me with my problem - I haven't seen him for a while and I miss him.

After chatting with the host, she guided me to our table where I found him drinking an iced tea once his eyes saw me they widened rose from his seat, and gave me a warm hug. He was wearing a ashy pristine suit so he must've been at the office today.

"Hey!" I beam giving my big brother, Keagan the biggest hug

"Italy. you look gorgeous today, please sit" He helps me into my chair and takes his seat right after, I smile at Keagon feeling nervous to tell him about my case and afraid he will not believe me or refuse to help me out.

"Thank you, how's work?" I asked situating myself and Keagan sighed adjusting his top coat

"Pretty lovely and how's Jace? well, soon to be my brother in law" Keagan expresses his tender smile at me

"He's great, he got promoted at work which resulted in his time being very busy"

Keagon leans back in his chair staring at me calmly as if we're going to be more serious with our conversation, I'm ready and he's too - he's waiting for me to get the ball rolling so I took a deep breath.

"I need your advice, Keagon and it's pretty grave"

"I heard about what happened with Dad from mother, and I hope his comparing us doesn't cause resentment towards me, Italy. I hate it when he does that and he's been doing it since we were teenagers... I don't want you to hate me, Italy due to him" Keagon said in a sympathetic tone and I sadly smile

Most teenagers would hate their siblings due to that but I don't care if Dad has favorites and I never let that get to me. indeed, Dad would always compare me to Keagan because he had bigger degrees and diplomas - Was I jealous? No! I would always be cheering my brother on and be happy for him. 

I shook my head declining the assumption "No, No, it's not about Dad and I could never hate you, I love you, Keagan" I held his hand and he squeezed back smiling faintly

"Good because that's what concerns me all the time, I'm glad we cleared that up so what's the problem?"

I took another deep breath "I have a big situation and it involves one of my students, Keagan and I'm really worried"

He scrunched his eyebrows leaning forward and peaked with concern at the sound of my tone, I was distressed and Keagon sensed it.

"What is wrong, Italy?" His own voice turned hard and low, He's in his protective mode now. I couldn't help but glance around the restaurant covertly making sure no one was listening in on our conversation.

"Remember your situation with Cassidy?" I questioned and Keagan exasperatedly hardened his jaw recalling his near-imploding scandal in the past.

"What about it, Italy?'

A few years ago, Keagon was beginning his career in law and during that time he had a crazy ex-girlfriend named Cassidy Daniels and she was obsessed with him however deep down, Keagon had a secret of his own... 

Keagan is gay

And was in the closet back then, He had Cassidy to cover up who he truly was and it bothered him daily, not only that but he hated using Cassidy, and once she found out - well she was angry and drastically so, Cassidy was a homophobic and threatened to expose him.

He wanted to break it off and in return, she blackmailed him and convinced herself that she could change him. Keagan went through a hard time and did the bravest thing of all and came out to everyone before Cassidy could do such a thing.

Today, My brother is happy, in love, and married to the best man of all, Brody. His long-time sweetheart who stuck with him through it all and I love him as well.

He's my best friend.

"I have a student in my school who is my Cassidy, Keagan and I'm scared," I say sadly feeling my stomach swirl in sickness and my heart plummet to my butt Keagan's eyes went from anger to alarm quickly and he clenched his fists on the table and then stood,

"Let's talk somewhere more private, Italy - move" 

He ordered sternly and I followed as Keagan led the way making me feel more nervous than I already was.

_____________

That's Keagan way above ^

Thanks for reading.