Chapter Twenty 4

Italy Harris

Keagon used his connections to reserve us a private table in the secluded section of the restaurant as he guided us along with the waitress. could my stomach feel any more ill? My brother's cordial mood vanished replaced with anger and concern.

"Thank you" He smiled at the waitress as we watched her leave the room and Keagon cleared his throat staring sternly at me.

"What's going on, Italy? and you are going to tell me from the beginning you hear me?"

"Are you mad at me?" I ask meekly and he sighs heavily

"From the sound of your voice and the look in your eye, This punk has you by the throat, Italy and you are letting him choke you day by day, and let me take a guess he has you so deep that you are stuck, right?"

His grim tone spoke glaring into my eyes, I gulped as he studied me like he would in the courtroom and Keagon couldn't be any more accurate, proving he's good at what he does.

I frowned silently nodding my head ashamed and I did what he advised me so I began telling him my situation when I started teaching and Roman being the dark cloud looming over my world to the point of blackmailing me.

When I finished, I tried my best to contain my tears and emotions so I wouldn't leave the restaurant an utter mess, Keagon here and there ceased his anger by clenching his fists and face hardening in rage.

I even placed the intimate details where Roman sent me those lewd texts and his threats, it was hard to say but I wanted this nightmare to end and my brother was my only hope.

By now Keagan sat quietly while tapping his thumb angerily on the table and I saw him shaking his head knowing he had a lot of thoughts going through his head.

"Keagan? Are you okay-"

Bang!

I flinched when Keagan thrust his fist against the table in anger and he stood beginning to pace mad or disappointed In me and I didn't blame him.

"I can't believe you let it get this far, Italy! You should have come to me first thing or even resigned, Did you think this would go away on its own!? You are drawing your own finish line and it won't end well, you are going to crash and burn, Italy!"

Keagan scolded me hoarsely, I had never seen my brother so angry

"So what am I supposed to do? He has the video and I'm stuck"

He took a deep breath sitting back down "You are going to quit, Italy you hear me!?"

"But he said if I do anything to tear us apart he would release the pictures and videos and to Jace, I will be ruined entirely, Keagan... I am stuck" My voice cracks and I'm surprised I am not losing hair yet.

He takes my hands into his comfortably "Okay, let's calm down - I will do everything in my power to keep you safe, Italy, and for starters, It's our turn to turn the tables on this kid so what is his name?"

"His name is Roman Haines" I answered and I immediately saw Keagan's body tense and that didn't look good at all

"Haines?" He questioned 

I nod confusingly "Yes, Roman Haines, he's a senior... why what's wrong?"

Keagan rubbed his chin bothered "Roman Haines, his parents are dad's and I biggest competitors, Veronica and Frank Haines in the bar. They happen to be the best beside Dad and I-"

He trailed off coursing a hand through his hair and I scrunched my eyebrows confused

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked worried

"It means this new piece of information changes things, you don't know how merciless lawyers can get, they will change the course of evidence on their opponent and make you the bigger villain, and since it's Haine's son they will crucify you until you dig your own damn hole and die in it" 

The way Keagan explained made me feel utterly sick in the stomach, it twisted so bad I wanted to throw up, I rubbed my chest feeling my throat become dry. oh my god, I'm really ruined.

"What am I going to do, Keagan?" I tremble

"As I said, We will turn the tables on him, you will go back to work then after graduation you are done being a teacher however during that time, I will do my part in obtaining a deep background check on this Roman Haines - If this punk is so obsessed with you I'm positive you are not the only victim of his"

When he said that I perked my head toward him, I never thought of that! could there be more women Roman has harassed? 

"You really think so?" 

Keagan nodded "A man with a focused mind doesn't dwell on a dark subject and Roman Haines doesn't have one... If we start attacking now the Haines will do everything in their power to protect their name and boy"

"Thank you for being there, Keagon" I smile happily with sad tears in my eyes

He sighs locking soft eyes with mine

"I'm your big brother, Italy It's my priority to be" 

We stood and Keagan grasped me into a big hug and I returned his embrace tightly. I'm so relieved that he was helping me and if it were Dad he would be so mad Im sure he would've turned me away.

"What should I do now?" I ask pulling away

"I know it will be hard but try your best to avoid, this boy while I gather his records" 

Avoid? No matter how hard I try I don't think that will work, but I didn't say anything although I would attempt to. I'm praying Keagan will find something on Roman and end this horrid reality. 

At the end of the day, I arrived home seeing a text from Jace stating he would be working late again forcing my shoulders to slump. I wanted him home so I could tell Jace everything so I texted back.

'I'll wait up for you, we need to discuss something important'

Once I hit send, I felt more nervous than I was today, It was my fiance's turn but will he take it just as well as my brother did? only one way to find out. After changing into something more comfortable, I made sure to lock every door and window twice.

My gut was sensing something and it didn't feel right, I headed to my bedroom feeling upset and decided to lay down and sleep. I have school tomorrow and for once I wasn't looking forward to going, I curled underneath my covers dreading the day.

I will resign tomorrow, sadly Roman won't let that happen including letting me have my peace...

Thank you for reading