Chapter Seven

Italy Harris | The Next Morning.

I was woken up seeing the sunshine glare through the large window beside our bed, I hear Jace still snoring lightly sleeping away his intoxication from last night.

I checked the time it was 11 am, I quietly got up letting Jace sleep.

Slipping on my robe, I exit the room heading to the kitchen turning on the coffee pot knowing we both need it,

I fill my cup with caffeine and began walking to the den where my laptop is located.

I set my coffee cup down beside my laptop taking a seat.

It's Saturday so luckily I have a day off from school. I began checking my emails then I saw one from the principal, the subject is called

Field Trip.

I raised my eyebrows and clicked on the email starting to read, Informing me how they want two classes traveling over to a popular museum in the city in a few days and one of those classes is mine.

I smiled. I love museums this will be fun along with my students. I continued to read more of the information I need to know while drinking my coffee.

Riiinngg!

The sound of my cell phone began ringing, I checked the I.D., and its unknown.

My brows knitted as my thumb answered

"Hello?"

"........"

There is no answer so I tried again

"Hello? Who is this"

".............."

I sighed hanging up feeling completely confused.

A few seconds later it rang again, I quickly answered somewhat annoyed.

"What!?" I snapped

"Hey, my jelly bean" Hearing my mother's voice chirp,

I felt bad for accidentally giving her a tone.

"Mom!? What a surprise" I smiled.

"I'm just calling because I missed my daughter's voice and hoping to see you for brunch today?" She asked.

I chuckled looking at the clock

"Of course mom" I agreed.

She gasped with happiness.

"That's wonderful honey your father and I can't wait to see you"

"How is dad?" I asked

"He's great... Just been busy at work lately. So I'll see you then honey"

We said goodbyes finishing our phone call and after I started getting ready for the day.

I made sure to make Jace coffee, breakfast, and a kiss before I left.

The drive to the restaurant was quick and sweet.

I parked the car walking inside the diner and smiled spotting both of my parents drinking tea together.

"Mom, dad" I greet taking my seat.

Mom grinned looking beautiful for her age and dad was still the same grim, stoic self as always.

"It's so nice to see you Italy, you look amazing" Mom smiled.

I blushed as she refers to my pink floral sundress that reached above my knee and hair French braided into a side ponytail.