Chapter Nine

Seven in the morning, Italy hugs and kisses Jace in comfort beside her Bentley.

After last night's discussion, Jace wanted to be there for his fiance and knew her father never liked him but Jace didn't care.

Bags packed, wide awake, Italy pulled away. "I'd should go"

Jace cupped her face "Be safe, have fun on the trip, and don't think about your father he will get over it"

Italy nods "And I will... I love you" They shared a quick kiss before Italy got inside the car.

Waving bye, She began driving and checking the time.

Italy's nervous about seeing Roman.

How will he react?

The school was about to start and Italy still needed to get her coffee.

"Shit" Italy cursed needing to hurry.

Traffic is busy causing the drive to take longer to Starbucks.

Italy quickly hurried as she could and a few minutes later Italy pulled up and ran inside to order her latte.

Classes start in ten minutes and it's a 12-minute drive over to the school. Italy managed to buy her latte at a hasty pace then left.
___________

Students were seated at their desks, wondering where Italy was and had their bags beside their feet.

Roman had his eyebrows scrunched fidgeting his leg wanting to see Italy.

Still remembering Saturday evening.

In seconds, Italy entered the classroom struggling to hold her bag and laptop as students watched her.

"I'm so sorry I'm late guys but hurry! Everyone take out a piece of paper and write down five reasons why you hated Mrs. Howard, quickly!" Italy informed quickly pulling out her work appliances.

Students snicker and didn't have any problem complying.

They were very fond of Italy and began to love coming to class.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door causing Italy to smooth her clothes down and answered the door revealing an older woman who seemed very snotty.

"Mrs. Jenkins, what a surprise what do we owe the honor?" Italy spoke stepping aside.

The older woman squinted her eyes while scanning the classroom.

"I've been hearing some rumors on how rebellious this class is... Including you, Mrs. Harris" She spoke in suspicion.

Italy paused and quickly glanced at her desk spotting a Moby Dick novel

"That is a ridiculous rumor Mrs. Jenkins, My students are currently working on an essay about the famous Moby Dick"

Italy defended gesturing her hand towards the teenagers as they held in their laughs writing in their notebooks.

She narrowed her eyes and started leaving the classroom.

Italy released a deep breath while closing the door.

Some students released their chuckles and giggles.

"Good work everyone now pencils down" Italy clapped and picked up one of the student's papers.

Italy arched a brow reading the five reasons.

"Wow... Mrs. Howard was not well-liked was she?" Italy asked with a chuckle to the student who was a male.

"Not likely Mrs. Harris" He replied adjusting his glasses and maintaining a shy grin.