𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 || 𝘩𝘢𝘸𝘬

thank you _ilovemommyq_ for requesting <333 hope you like it. lmk if you want me to change anything.

also, the timeline will be off. tory will be in this, she's a little early lmao

"i can't believe you actually like that guy." demetri says, tossing an issue of dungeon lord on his dresser. "he's an asshole."

"c'mon, dem, don't act like that." i say.

"how could you take up for him? he-" i cut him off.

"he hasn't done anything to me."

"yet."

"oh, come on."

"okay, ask him out then." he retorts.

"fine, maybe i will."

♡︎ ♡︎ the next day ♡︎ ♡︎

we see eli with miguel, aisha, mitch, and tory at their lunch table. since cobra kai, eli has been sitting with them. demetri is right, he has been an asshole, i just didn't want to admit it.

it pained me. it really pained me that he could act like the past ten years never happened. and it pained me to know deep down that demetri is right; he has changed.

"okay, juliet, go get your romeo." demetri jokes.

"yeah, you're right." i mumble. "i just don't wanna keep chasing after something that i can't catch."

"just go for it. what do you have to lose?" he asks.

i roll my eyes. "shut up."

i get up and go over to him.

"hey, e - hawk." i correct myself. he looks up at me.

"hey." he mumbles.

"so, i was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me this weekend." i say nervously. "they're playing the new avengers movie."

he smirks. "that's childish, (y/n)." he says smugly. "you can come over and watch fifty shades of grey if you want."

i turn red. "n-no, i'm okay."

"that's what i thought." he spits. "is that all?"

tory laughs at me and aisha silences hers to the best of her abilities."

"y-yeah, uhm, if not, then-"

"take demetri. two nerds oughta enjoy that movie."

i feel my chest tighten and a large lump rise to my throat. i feel my vision get fuzzy as my eyes become glossy with tears. why am i still standing here?

i guess tory notices because she decides to put her two sense into it. "aww, is the baby gonna cry?" she asks.

mitch cackles obnoxiously and miguel stares at me with guilty eyes, as if he did something to contribute to my humiliation.

i turn around and run out of the cafeteria.

"(y/n/n)?"

"i'm so fucking stupid." i whisper. "i should have done it when there was nobody around. he humiliated me in front of his friends.

he hugs me. "i'm sorry."

"i should have listened to you." i say.

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

the rest of the day went by slow. eli and his cobra kai cronies teased me all day, and i was miserable.

"at least we only have a couple weeks of school left." demetri says.

"i want to die." i say dramatically. "i've never been so humiliated."

"(y/n). eli's here. he wants to speak with you." his mom says, poking her head in from behind the door.

"shit." i curse silently. "okay."

"uhm, i'll just leave you two for a couple minutes."

eli comes in, looking like a scared, lost puppy. "hey, (y/n/n)." he says.

my jaw clenches. who the hell does he think he is? humiliates me and then comes in demetri's home uninvited.

"what do you want? here to make fun of me some more?" i ask.

"no, i'm sorry. it was stupid of me to embarrass you like that. i like you. and i shouldn't have did that, and i shouldn't have fucked up. i - uhm - i got you these."

he hands me a stack of some of my favourite comics.

"oh. thank you, eli." i say. "sorry. hawk." oh how i hate calling him hawk.

"so, i would love to go see the new avengers movie with you. and maybe we can go to golf 'n' stuff too?"

he still acts like the sweet eli. the pre-cobra kai eli. the pre-asshole eli.

i cuss myself for deciding to give him a second chance.

"sounds great."

𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 - 670