How I met your Plant

Beta Senpai never really cared for any rumor on his small campus, they always made him roll his eyes; especially if they were about him. Gossip was never really something he enjoyed, it always ended up with him being picked on by his 'friends'. Although there was one rumor that always got to him - it was the fact that he, apparently, was too "lazy" to shower.

The truth is, Beta was severely depressed. All his classmates would find it easy to, for example, pick up a dirty shirt off the floor, but those simple tasks killed Beta. It was very hard to get out of bed some days. At night he would mostly lay awake, staring holes into the ceiling as his college work laid untouched on his table. He didn't even want to go to college, his mom forced him to. High school was already a torture routine for him; of course, college wasn't going to be any easier. What was she thinking when she kicked him out?

He often felt like a disappointment to his family; his brothers were often showered with compliments and praise. They deserved it when it comes to their education both of them always took it very seriously and passed their classes with excellent grades. Beta was the odd one out, he always made his mom so mad.

Not only that, his looks were far less... appealing. Maybe if he ever got enough energy to take care of himself better, he'd actually look acceptable. He felt tears break the surface of his eyes as he tried his hardest to stay quiet.

If his roommates ever found out about these moments of absolute weakness, he'd never make it out alive. Besides that, his whole character was based on being edgy and uncaring, he can't show sympathy... He barely slept that night.
                               —————-
Today was one rare day. He actually managed to gather enough motivation to get out of bed. He felt terribly tired, but he needed to attend his classes today. Getting kicked out of college sounded like a death sentence his mother would gladly fulfill. The first class he was going to was a creative writing class, one of the only interests he had.

If he had any life goal it would be to become a writer. He knew many people wouldn't enjoy his edgy writing but he embraced it. The class itself didn't honestly give that much freedom even if it was listed as "creative". It was at least something though.

As he walked into the small lecture hall he could feel the stares of everyone in the classroom. It was always unbelievable to him, despite how big the campus was, he was still so recognizable. In a way, it was an honor. At least it was some way to get attention. As he sat down a girl close to him got up to move further away.

"Pussy," He said under his breath.

"Good morning class." The professor cleared his throat. "Today we are going to be talking about the reading you had been assigned for the weekend."

Of course, Beta didn't read it. He hated the reading part of the class. Most authors were try-hards and didn't catch his interest whatsoever. Why would he care about writers who died during the renaissance? He wasn't even sure how long ago that really was. Despite his constant daydreaming and thinking, he managed to catch wind of a foreign book that described suicide in graphic detail. Not only that, but the father who took his life did it in front of his seven children to see. How relatable, he thought to himself.

Now if only Beta remembered the book name, he would have definitely gotten an A+ on his homework. Such an interesting concept, he already assumed it was written during the sad times of baroque.

After his favorite class, everything went by agonizingly slow - lunch was something he had to skip, he forgot his money at home so he sadly had to sit alone outside doing nothing to pass time. The next class after that was so boring, he found himself drifting off into light slumber. Beta finally remembered why he didn't attend in the first place.