The Diary

"Are you sure this is the best idea to give me a tour now? You were shaking at the thought of the police catching you."

"This is why I am giving you a tour on Saturday my dear pumpkin. Plus, I realized something."

"What?"

"No one my age watches the news!"

"I'm sure that isn't true."

Beta just chuckled at that. He couldn't lie being outside of his dorm was making him nervous but at the same time, he had to get out. Even if it was just for a quick walk around campus. It started to feel as if the walls crept in on him at one point.

Luckily for the two of them, no other students were present today - which honestly wasn't much of a surprise. Beta walked around the campus and pointed at the various buildings. He even went into one of the lecture halls that wasn't locked and pointed at the decorations on the walls from the art students.

"I had a science class in here once, the teacher was so gay."

"You say that a lot but I don't think you actually mean that he is homosexual or happy."

"Pff- shut it. You know what I meant. WAIT, I need to show you my favorite place on campus!"

"Hmm?"

Beta picked up his speed so much that Fred was worried that he was going to trip. Eventually, they made their way to the big pond. Various ducks swam around it. Beta plopped down on the grass in front of it and set Fred next to him.

"This is your favorite place?"

"Well, I do mostly stay in my room but if I had to get out it would be sitting here?"

"Why? You aren't doing anything?"

"I'm just taking everything in and thinking. Plus sometimes I see baby ducks. They are so fucking cute."

"It is always hard for me to understand humans with their lifespans so short. Wasting it by doing nothing or doing things that are just meaningless."

"Wow, you are being the edgy one." Beta chuckled. "We do things that make us happy or at least what we think makes us happy. Working all the time to be the best is tiring, even if I hate it too it is nice to just be alive. At least, that is what I think other people think."

"Mmm."

"But come on, isn't the lake pretty?"

Fred looked out at the water. How could he apprentice something that he was meant to destroy? He then looked over at his human, his face for the first time was unreadable. All he could tell was that he was relaxed. Fred liked seeing that.

After about twenty minutes. Beta started to collect himself from the ground, picking up Fred.

"Come let's go back and eat some ramen."

"Again? Your clogged arteries are begging me to help them."

"OH my god Fred, I am going to purposely drop you."

Their little back and forth conversation lasted all the way until they reached Beta's dormitory, Fred having seen enough and Beta too paranoid to walk around any longer. As he made his way to the entrance, he stopped upon seeing a familiar face talk to his stupid roommate. The skinny body type, the perfect wavy strawberry blonde hair, and the fashionable clothes was a giveaway. Senpai. Why was he here? He couldn't be here because of the new report. He just couldn't.

"Beta is that-"

Beta pulled his hood on and sped up with the pace, to try and push past them. Unfortunately for him, his younger brother had already recognized him and was running after him.