Self-Hatred

Fred was honestly starting to snooze off, the day was nice and warm - yet the shadows of the containers kept him cool. He didn't know where Beta was, but that was alright, his little human could handle himself. He curled up, his eyes closing manually as everything went quiet and peaceful...

He jolted awake when something crashed into the containers with enough force to rattle his pot.

"FUCK." Beta cringed. It hurt but he was positive that nothing was broken. At least with his limited knowledge about the human body.

"Beta, why did you jump out of the window?!" Fred said.

"NO time to explain," He barely stood up, his leg cramped when he put on weight. Beta lowered to pick up Fred and limped as fast as he could away from the building.

"Did you even get the blood?"

"YES! Just shut up right now," Fred signed as Beta carried him away. They made their way to the campus and Beta collapsed on the school ground. "I can't believe I just did that."

"Can you please explain what happened?"

"I got the blood."

"Ok?! But how? Did you flirt with a nurse?"

"Yes."

"And did she fall for it?"

"HE loved it! But he still didn't want to give me shit so I had to kick him in the balls."

"Excuse me? You flirted with a man?"

"Yes. Why is that the thing you latched onto?"

"I'm just glad that you as a species have grown to let go of those prejudices where you aren't scared to show homosexual tendencies."

"The fuck you talking about? I was terrified! People are still homophobic even if it is better. I was scared that I was going to be the one punch in the nuts and called a slur."

"I'm glad you weren't but you are still hurt. Why did you jump out of the window?"

"I just assaulted a nurse, I had to get out of there!"

"Are you going to be ok?"

"I'll be fine. I had the worst shit happen to me but holy shit how am I going to do that again?" Beta then realized a horrible fact. "-AND OH MY GOD MY FACE IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE ALL OVER THE NEWS. THIS WAS SO FUCKING STUPID!"

'Calm yourself, Beta. Right now we need to worry about the present. The future doesn't exist. Take one step at a time and we will see what happens."

"Yeah, whatever Fred..." Beta groaned out in response as he made his way home. He swung the bag containing Fred over his shoulder as he dropped the blood bags into it, warning Fred to not open them until they're in his room.

He was still limping heavily as he opened up his dorm room, his roommate and a few of their friends were sitting in the living room, enjoying some drinks. They didn't seem to notice him, except for one guy who looked down on his ankle as Beta limped.

So, what? It was not his damn business to stare at him like that. Jerk.

He entered his room, locking the door behind him as Beta placed Fred along with the bags on his desk - collapsing onto his bed right after.

"Please don't drink it all in one go." He mumbled on his pillow.

"Heheheh, no." Fred answered, the sounds of plastic ripping followed right after.

"You do realize I have no plan to get you more so you better savor it."

"That sounds like an issue more for you than for me."