Worries

"This ones a good one!" Beta said, munching on some instant popcorn, laying flat on his stomach as he wore his pjs. Seated on his bed, next to him but still under the covers was Fred, who seemed to be inspecting the human's phone.

"What do you like about it the most?"

"The fight scenes, definitely! There's lots of blood, you know." He giggled as the plant became even more interested in the topic. They watched the episode in anticipation, Beta occasionally commenting about a stupid thing or two, while Fred asked some questions here and there.

At some point in the series, a character with an electric guitar appeared on the screen, ready to take on the protagonist. Beta paused the video as his eyebrows shot up - he just got reminded of something very important!

"Fred, do you like music?" he asked, jumping out of his bed and looking around the trash on his floor.

"Yes," Fred answered, looking at his human with curiosity, " I like to sing."

"Hah, found it!" the human exclaimed, throwing a strap over his shoulder. He turned around, showcasing a black electric guitar with pride.

"You know how to play?"

"And sing. My mom signed up my brothers and I for so many music classes. In highschool I even had a mini band with a few guys. Those guys were assholes."

"Ok? Show me. "

He strummed it and Beta's face twisted when it was extremely out of tune. "Sorry it has been a while?" Beta said.

"Why haven't you been playing lately? You seem to enjoy it?"

"Fred, my brain makes it hard to do things that I even enjoy sometimes." After a few more adjustments he strummed again and the notes came out clearer.

"Music is a good way to let out a feeling. I sing to myself often."

"Really?" Beta snorted. "I was surprised you even talked. It doesn't even look like you have a mouth."

"I speak to you only using brainwaves."

"Pff- yeah, right. Can you make those brain readiations or whatever louder than my guitar?"

Fred rolled his eyes; "Yes, yes I can."

Beta gave him a wide smile, "Hell yes! Okay so - what songs do you know?"

With that question, a night full of music began. Thankfully, Fred managed to pull the emotional strings of everyone who tried to disturb them. It almost seemed like they forgot the world around them.

Beta was surprised by the plant's deep and smooth voice, rolling over the lyrics of whatever song they were playing perfectly. On the other hand, Fred had to admit that Beta was very skilled when it came to his electric guitar skills. He managed to pull off every riff without much difficulty, despite being a little out of practice.

To Beta this was such a stress reliever; It just made him so happy. Beta stopped mid note - "Hey Fred, can I say something?"

"Yes?"

"These past few days have been a mess for me but honestly, for you being a gross plant you aren't that bad of company."

Fred felt warm inside of him.

"Thank you Beta. I feel the same."

Beta smiled to himself as he continued to play.