Bed of Roses

Beta felt the weight of his own body return as he half-heartedly tried to keep his blanket from falling off him. His bed was so warm and comfortable, somehow it felt like he hadn't slept in it for a long while. He kept his eyes shut, not wanting to wake up just yet, feeling incredibly tired - like he'd just run a marathon.

Eventually, after a few moments of laying motionless on his bed, memories started returning to him. A ghostly feeling that he has been through a lot of pain washed over him, he didn't feel sore though.

What a horrible dream he had...

It felt so real....

As much as he wanted to stay in the warm covers, his mind plagued him like crazy.

Senpai. Alpha. Charlie.

Beta bolted up tripping over himself as the blanket tangled around his legs. He rushed over to his bag pulling out his faithful strawberry clock to see that date and time.

10:34 PM...

Beta sat back onto his bed carefully. He eyes the trash around his room, somehow feeling disgusted - his chaos that usually brought him comfort now made him feel awful. He walked over to the window and opened it, noticing how bad everything really smelled.

Senpai.... All this garbage... Beta gripped his head at the thought. He then took his phone off the ground and dialed his brother immediately, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

Moments went by, the ringing of the phone bringing him on edge, until finally a cheery and soft voice greeted him on the other end:

"Beta?"

Beta's heart dropped. Why was he acting like this? It is so stupid, all of it was just dream after all !

"Uhm, Beta?"

But he couldn't help it, tears started to build in his eyes. Senpai was alright. His baby brother...

"My goodness, did you ass dial me?"

"S-Sorry, please don't hang up..." he whined, wiping his tears with his sleeve.

"Oh my God, Beta..! Are you crying?"

"NO! I'm sorry, I just had a bad dream... I needed to talk to someone."

"Aw Beta, it was just a dream. Damn, when was the last time we even talked?"

"I'm sorry," Beta mumbled again.

"Uh, are you drunk?... Aha."

"No, no, I'm sorry... "

"Shh, shh! Don't be sorry! It is nice to hear from you again. Ahah, this is kind of funny though, if I have to be honest!"

"W-What?"

"I'm the one who used to usually wake you up when I had a nightmare. It must have been really scary."

"...yeah."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Beta hesitated for a moment. Telling this dream to him may not be in his best interest. He didn't know how common it was for people to have dreams about executing their whole family but he knew it sure wasn't pretty sounding. But it was eating his brain away.

"If you have the time," he sniffed, suddenly feeling ashamed of his room and living conditions again. Senpai was probably busy with college or dates, why would he ever have time for someone like Beta? All he ever did was lay around and cry about things he could easily change if he just found the motivation to do so...

"I have time!" Senpai replied, to his surprise - "Spill the beans!" he laughed.

Beta felt a weak smile form on his lips momentarily; "I don't wanna get into detail, but it was basically about us arguing about something. I got super mad and pushed you, but you slipped and hit your head against something. You died."