Blood Offerings

Beta woke up pretty early for his standards - sadly it was not because of his free will. No, he was actually awoken by the sounds of cans and bottles clinking together. His mind was still hazy with sleep, so he barely registered the situation at hand. He snapped wide awake once his brain realized his roommate probably snuck into his room. Ready to throw some hands, Beta spun out of bed and was ready to face the intruder.

Luckily for him, his intruder was his house plant, of all things. Fred's eyes stared at him for a solid minute before he spoke; "Ah, good morning, Beta. Did you have a nightmare?"

Beta was shocked beyond belief; so, the weird demonic plant thing was, not in fact, a dream gone wrong. Before the human even had a chance to reply, he noticed that Fred was carrying his empty soda cans with his tendrils. Looking down at the floor, he noticed a clean spot, his leftover clothes folded nicely as the laptop played some relaxing music.

"What are you doing?" Beta said.

Fred shrugged and proceeded to open a small portal of some sort, throwing the empty trash in it before heading for the next pile. Beta was going to have a heart attack. Fred was barely here for a day and he thought he had some authority. He hated when people touched his stuff. When living in the back room he had to constantly deal with sharing a room with his younger brother. This was reminding him of this and it pissed him off to no end. Being at college and having a single room was one of the few positives, and now Fred was taking that away from him.

"Stop that!" Beta grabbed at a can that was currently in Fred's grasp and pulled at it, Fred did not fight back and just squinted at him.

"I am helping you."

"What you are doing is running my system," Beta threw the can on the ground and proceeded to pick up the folded clothes on the floor, ruining them. "I don't care who you are, my room, my mess, my rules."

"Your living place is atrocious." Fred reached with his tendril for the clothes. Beta had to stop it. He slammed his foot down causing Fred to recoil. "That's it, you simple minded bipedal specimen. I promised myself I wouldn't abuse this but you are pushing my limits. At least I can work faster now."

Beta flinched away once Fred's powers were mentioned, luckily, his roommate was in class, so he was completely alone in his dorm. Otherwise, he would have called the police because of how loud he started to yell.

"Stop it! I told you not to do something and you ignored me! You ignored me!"

It was visible that the human was going to suffer a breakdown of some sort, his voice was quivering despite how loud he was being. It was breaking at some letters, making it sound like he was near crying - which he was, honestly. He turned away, covering his face in shame.

Fred was taken aback. He has used his powers without hesitation before, but there was something so sad about this human, he couldn't help but take pity. This panic was coming from him trying to help.

"Beta."

"What?" He sniffled out.

"I'll make a deal with you."

"What?"

"If you listen to me and do what I say, I'll leave you alone in your mess and promise not to ever use my powers against you."

Beta turned around and peaked.

"Don't pity me!"

"I was not." Fred lied. "Just listen to me, I have awakened and I am very hungry."

"And you eat blood right? Jesus Christ, how did I get into this situation?" Beta made his way to sit at the desk. His face fell in his hand. It felt wrong to be so close to Fred at this moment but he felt so out of place anywhere else.