Home

Beta was standing outside the airport waiting for his mom to pick him up. The luggage he packed was at his side. His mom was overjoyed when he said he wanted to come home. Last year, he refused to even set one foot inside his home for the holidays. He feared her reaction of telling her that he was planning to never go back to school. Well at least not permanently. He left his dorm nicely cleaned and organized to the best of his ability before leave. Made it easy to pack up later.

A notification on his phone made him look down.

"We should go to our favorite restaurant! Like old times."

It brought a smile to his face. It was Senpai. The day after their call, they have been texting more and it has been nice. Beta got to learn more about what has been happening at home.

He hoped his mother would just accept that he was just a disappointment that wasn't made for higher education. He hoped that she'd be semi-okay with everything happening.

These thoughts would be put into practice soon as a car spinned over to the side on the curve of the airport. Without warning, Senpai jumped out and collided with him with a bone crushing hug. This greatly surprised him. He didn't know Senpai was going to be with her. The hug kept getting tighter and tighter.

"Surprise!"

"Jesus man, you are going to make me pass out!"

"I'm sorry! I am just really happy to see you!"

A middle aged woman got out of the car to join them.

"Hey mom..."

"Beta, oh my god what is with that dye job? Please fix it!"

"Oh my goddd stoppp. I love you too," Beta rolled his eyes. He did actually agree with her that this messy hairstyle was long overdue to go.

She joined Senpai in the embrace.

"I love you, hon. I am glad you are visiting. We all missed you."

"Haha, yeah," It made him so happy to hold the both of them again but he had the sinking feeling that he didn't deserve this. Not at all. "I'm guessing Alpha isn't here, right?"

"Your older brother is an extremely busy man, Beta. There are a lot of important things he has to take care of. He will come visit on Thanksgiving," His mother said, stepping away as both her and Senpai finally let go of him.

"Alright..." Beta muttered, honestly not too happy about his arrival.

"Alpha is a hard ass," Senpai let out an awkward laugh.

"Damn right he is" Their mom stated. "He always felt like he had a lot on his shoulders."

"It's fine," Beta exhaled, chucking as Senpai pulled him into another hug - "We'll have more fun without him anyway."

"Beta! Don't say that!" his mother scolded him, but it fell upon deaf ears as Senpai and his older twin laughed together. Beta felt a long forgotten feeling rise from deep inside of him... It was the feeling of love and appreciation. He was really glad to be back home, talking to his family again.

They didn't seem to hate him as much as he always told himself they did. Part of him realized it was pretty mean to assume something like that from his family. He'd definitely still talk to Senpai about it later when they got home, but for now, all his worries faded away as Senpai guided him to the car, their mother following close behind.
———
"You aren't staying the night?" Beta asked as he swung his suitcase on his bed. They were in his old bedroom. A bedroom that even Senpai used to share with him before Alpha moved out. His mom must have deep cleaned it, he never saw it so perfect.