Sugar

After a few hours passed, Fred did learn what video games were. They were brutal, fast paced and full of blood. He loved it! He watched in anticipation as Beta took down another wave of zombies, the clicking of the virtual gun as it reloaded like music to his ears.

It was already getting pretty late, but neither of them cared.

After another game over Beta finally groaned and set the controller down. He pulled out his phone. "Man, it is late. If we want to get to that blood donation thing I should get some sleep."

"You have a very all over the place sleep schedule."

"This is college life, baby." Beta stretched before reaching out to Fred and picking him up. "Maybe next time when I play you can join me? I never had anyone to play with before. My roommate hates video games and my brothers like to play gay games like animal crossing or some shit."

"I don't know if I will be as skilled as you are."

"Yeah, yeah, you will never be. But, I can always teach you my small planted friend."

Beta opened the door of his room and placed Fred back on his desk. He kicked away some cans as he crawled in his bed. Fred couldn't help but be satisfied that things had settled between them. Things definitely have gone worse with some previous owners. In a way Fred looked forward to participating in Beta's activities.

"Sounds like a plan, my simple-minded human."

Beta all of sudden shot up.

"OH, that reminds me! You get to see something special tomorrow!"

"What?" Fred asked.

"Well, if I'm going to impress some ladies, I got to look and smell nice. Unfortunately..." Beta rolled his eyes. "You're going to get to see my shower!"

"I humbly decline that Beta."

"I don't mean actually watch me. Oh my god you are a creep! But yeah it has been about a week or two... So I know I'm due."

"Why is it such a big deal in the first place? Isn't it nice to get cleaned?"

Beta looked away; "It's a personal thing. I just don't like it."

"I could tell..." Fred mumbled under his breath. Beta huffed in reply before he submerged himself under his blanket again. Fred blinked at him a few times, before turning to his laptop and researching new knowledge about hell portals.

"Goodnight Beta."

"Mmm."
                                 ————
"Your bathroom is surprisingly clean..." Fred commented, looking around as Beta was showering behind the curtains.

"I have to share it with my roommate," he replied over the sounds of running water; "I don't clog it up too much."

"I see," the plant hummed in understanding, "Are they in class again?"

"Yup, but we're skipping classes again today." Despite not seeing Beta's appearance, Fred could hear the smirk forming on his lips.

"We're? Excuse me, I don't attend college."

"Well, you're my project, so you kind of do." He replied as the water turned off. Fred could see Beta's arm grab a clean towel, he decided it was best to turn around now.

"Alright, sure, let's go with that if it makes you happy."

It took a few silent minutes for Beta to get dressed in, mind you, a new outfit. Fred jumped a little as he was suddenly picked up by his human, who was now wearing pitch black clothes. Beta moved him to the edge of the sink as he started brushing his teeth with a toothbrush that almost caught cobwebs.