Savage Garden

Beta woke up with a groan, quickly shielding his eyes from the sun that managed to seep through the fabric of the curtains. He rubbed his eyes as he slowly sat up in his old room, memories of yesterday's events coming back to him suddenly.

His mother... Senpai and Alpha...

He still had a long road of recovery to go through. First things first, he'd need to talk to his mother about college again - but he'd also needed to mention therapy as well this time.

Or maybe he shouldn't bother...

It went so badly yesterday. His mom always expected him to be something he wasn't and that wasn't good. Man, it was going to be hard to figure out shit on his own though. Figuring out how he would get tickets to go back and move his stuff out. Contacting his long forgotten friends to stay somewhere. Everything seemed impossible and was more stressful than what college was offering him.

He had to try and at least convince her to help him a little bit. She was his mother, she should. She wouldn't let him end up homeless? Right?

He reached over on the bedside table to see the time on his faithful clock. It was already afternoon. Great, another thing that would make her mad at him.

He exhaled a defeated sigh, getting up from the bed. It felt extremely weird to be back at home, part of him was left completely disoriented when he wasn't met with his dorm room. He half-heartedly fixed the covers of his bed, groaning in annoyance.

This reminded him of his teen years, when he shared his room with Senpai - the younger would always force him to make his bed, at which he would always grumble.

After that task was finished, he forced himself into the bathroom to take a quick and cold shower. He stepped out in five minutes, drying his hair with a towel while he threw on a basic outfit.

Beta stepped out of his room lazily with his shoulders slouched. He walked into the hallway, looking back at all the pictures of his family looking happy as ever. One wall that depicted Alpha made him quickly turn his head and focus on the floor instead. Really a prom king photo shot? Till this day the man didn't shut up how he won it-just the sheer thought of talking to that asshole made him mad.

He went downstairs and entered the kitchen, looking for a quick afternoon snack. Fortunately, Beta ended up finding some leftovers in the fridge - he ate his meal cold, without heating it in the microwave even.

After eating, he searched for his mother around the house. She wasn't present anywhere... Regret started to overcome Beta - the things he said about never returning to her again were very harsh, of course she'd be hurt about it! Damn him and his stupid irrational brain!

His worries lessened when he finally found her after searching for a while.

She was in her garden, planting and moving some plants Beta couldn't identify. After all, he always hated gardening with a passion, so he never bothered to memorize any of them. He only knew the most basic ones like roses, the rest all looked identical to him with a variety of colors.

He walked into their backyard towards her garden, awkwardly stopping a few feet away from her.

"Uhm... Mom?" He called out, hesitantly.

"So, you're finally awake?" She responded, her tone making him cringe quietly. She sounded anything but glad about this situation. The fact that she refused to turn around only proved his point.

"Mom... I... I came to say sorry," Beta forced himself to say, pushing his hands into his pockets defensively, looking at the grass beneath him in order to avoid any confrontation. - "I said some things I shouldn't have said! I'm sorry, alright? But... It doesn't change my opinion on college."