Garbage

After a good twenty minutes, they had both managed to put together their supplies, throwing away the soggy and old snacks to make room for Fred, who was transformed into a plant again. The phones were finally charged and Beta started feeling less numb about everything; the soreness in his muscles was getting better while his eyes finally stopped stinging.

"I'm gonna have to talk to the receptionist so I can demand my money back, if you hear arguing don't get involved." Beta said as he set Fred in the car Beta started to close the door but was stopped by Fred's tendon.

"Beta, wait I need to transform you!"

"Huh? Oh, fuck. Sorry I forgot."

"We can't make mistakes like this, we have to be smart, Beta."

"Yeah, whatever..." Beta leaned down to take Fred's tendon.
——-
After a decent chunk of time, it was already getting late. Beta had already finished the exhausting back and forth between him and the motel staff a while ago. Now he was driving to the closest garbage dump available, hamburger in hand.

"Alright, we shall now destroy property that isn't ours." Fred stated, rubbing his little tendrils together, looking really mischievous.

"Hell yeah," Beta answered after gulping down his food, -"It's gonna be so much fun! You have no idea, Fred."

"Is your food good? I still feel like you should wait until we get there to eat. Driving and eating can be dangerous."

"Listen Fred, I may be a nasty guy but eating at a garbage dump is a limit, haha."

"Ok!"

"I wish that you could have a bite of this though!" Beta took another bite. "Mom never let us get fast food and fuck Sen and Al always said they were better than eating this stuff."

"I wish that I could eat human food sometimes as well. It fastiates me that you humans spend so much of your time feeding yourself. Eating for you isn't just to keep you alive it is another way to make yourself feel that you are alive."

"Yeah, sure. You know Charlie's older brother is a chef? Never had a chance to have his food though. "

"And Charlie is your older brother's fiance correct?"

Beta felt his lip twitch.

"Yeahhh, maybe we should change the subject."

"... Oh yes, sorry."

"It is just weird.."

"I know, Beta."

" ...And honestly, I feel weird everytime I even think about Charlie. God why did I bring him up! He is an emotional wreck. Did you know I used to pick on the guy? He is probably crying so hard with this family mess."

"I wouldn't blame him."

"Me neither. But the worst part is that he only has Alpha there for him! Do you know what he did to me when I would cry?"

"No, what?'

"Laugh."

"Oh."

"Yeah honestly it is weird that those two are together Alpha would even roll his eyes when he saw mom cry. Fucking bastard."

"For saying we should stop talking about this you seem to really like talking about it."

"It just really bothers me."

"Are you jealous..?"

"Pff- NO!" Beta said, his eyes fixating on the road in front of him, just a few more minutes until they reached their desired destination, even the GPS kept reminding him that they were on the fastest available road.