On the Run

"How have you been feeling, Beta?" Fred asked when they finally got another fire warming them through the evening. After what happened a few hours ago Beta was strangely quiet, and despite shaking he claimed it was because of the cold.

The fire didn't seem to help him much...

"I'm fine," he gritted out.

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm fine." He said again.

"Beta, please."

"I'm fine! You know I'm not a happy and cheerful person! How can you expect that at all after what I have done?"

"I don't expect it but please tell me what I can do to help you."

"I don't know what you can do to help me! All I know is being out in this shit hole sucks. I know my room was trash but at least it still had blankets and good ramen."

"Are you feeling better? Maybe now you can look for a place where you can get supplies."

"I do feel better, and that sounds like a good idea but fuck I didn't pack any money."

"Beta, for all the things that have happened - you are afraid of stealing?"

"Ugh, I don't know! I have no clue where we are, what is the chance that a store is even close?"

"I understand, but it is our only way of incoming supplies. I will guide you as well."

"...Fine." Beta said, through gritted teeth, "But we'll only get what we need."

"That is alr-" Fred's voice was cut off by Senpai's phone ringing. Beta exhaled a defeated sigh, grabbing it from his backpack swiftly. He saw it was Alpha calling again - so he quickly pressed the accept call button.

"Heyyy," He cooed in a fake voice, although his face was lost of all emotion, if anything he looked even more dead than usual.

"Senpai," Alpha's voice rang through the line, it was clearly filled with annoyance - "Where are you?"

Beta froze for a moment, "Uhm... At my dorm?.." he asked in fake innocence.

"What? We agreed that you would come over yesterday! You didn't even text me?"

"Oh... I forgot to.. My bad..." he spoke, sounding even less convincing.

"Oh my God - Did Beta set you up to something? Why are you acting like this? I swear sometimes I wish you were born alone Sen, and not with that smelly mess. This is getting ridiculous."

Beta mouth twitched at those words. Alpha was really doing this right now. "No- It's not that... I was just super busy with friends and college..."

"I-" Alpha exhaled, "I know college is stressful Senpai, but we need to finally get the suits off my checklist. Put yourself in my shoes this once, the wedding is only a few months away. You know I hate doing everything last minute. I have to explain to our mother why I won't invite Beta as well."

"Huh? Did I miss out on something?"

"I thought I had told you? Perhaps I didn't - but that's besides the point. I wouldn't invite him over my dead corpse. I'm never letting that pig ruin my special day, a day just about me. ...and Charlie, of course."

Beta felt something inside him snap at those words, how long has Alpha been talking bad about him behind his back? He didn't really care, it wasn't like he would even go on that godforsaken wedding in the first place. He thought it was funny, since as long as he could remember Alpha would pretend to be the toughest out of the three, constantly reminding them of how great and fearless he was. But now, he's too afraid to call Beta and tell him to fuck off - the only thing he could do was gossip to his dead twin.