Chapter 21: The Sorting

Harry's POV:

After we changed we read a little. Until then the speaker spoke out.
"We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minute's time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to  the school separately." the man said. Then Draco stand's up.
"Im gonna go. Im gonna find my friend's we'll see each other on the Castle." Draco said and he left.
Mortem and I then fixed our things. We put our books away in our trunks and we sat down. A couple of minutes later the man in the speaker earlier said that we can hop out of the train now. We pushed our way thru the little door and succeeded.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" I heard a familiar voice. I then looked in the way the voice came and its Hagrid. 'How surprising.' Harry thought.
"Well Harry he's the gate's keeper's here, so no surprise there." Em said and I nodded.
"Wait about earlier. Really your name 'Motem Morto' you gotta use a foreign language and seriously you picked Esperanto. Latin-Esperanto. Death-Death. But I like it." I said while me and Em walked towards all the first years.
"Well I need a word that translates to Death." Em said and I smiled.

"C'mon... Anymore firs' years? Mind yer' step now! Firs' years follow me!" Hagrid said. Which I got annoyed.
"Honestly, when I first met him im not really annoyed but now he's annoying and loud. Hurts my ear." I said to Em and he nodded. We walked a couple more and we got glimpse of the lake. Its majestic here when its night.
"No more'n to a boat." Hagrid said and I hoped on a boat with Em and Draco then Weasley tried to ride with me but a boy came first. He's a bit taller than me and he looks fit and have a stylish hair.
"Hi im Theodore Nott." the boy said and offered his hand out.
"Oh Theo, your here. Well this is Harry and this is Em." Draco said to Theo.
"Potter, Hadrian Potter. But you can call me Harry." I said and shakes his hand.
"Well im Morto, Mortem Morto. But you can call me Em." Em said shaking his hand too.
Then suddenly the boat moves. And everyone stays quite.

It took us a while having us in the shore. Hagrid then lead us to the Grand hall. But before we even took a step. Neville I presume which is correct have gotten his toad, and he's happy again. That made me smile. Getting to see my god brother smile.

 The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green  robes stood there. She had a very  stern face and my first thought in my first life was that this was not someone to cross.  
"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall,"  said  Hagrid.  
"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." She pulled the door wide. The entrance hall was so big. The stone walls were lit with flaming  torches, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble  staircase facing them led to the upper floors. They followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone  floor. I could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway  to the  right  —  the rest of the school  must  already  be  here — but Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty  chamber off the hall. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than they would usually have done, peering about nervously.  
"Welcome  to Hogwarts,"  said Professor McGonagall.
"The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while  you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room." McGonagall said, Its pretty much the same as last.
"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards.  While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house  points, while any rulebreaking will  lose house points. At the end of the  year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a  credit to whichever house becomes  yours."
"The  Sorting  Ceremony  will  take  place  in a  few minutes in front of the  rest of the school.  I suggest  you all  smarten  yourselves up as much  as  you can while  you are  waiting." McGonagall said again. Nothing changed in his speech.

A couple minutes later the ghosts of Hogwarts came by.
"Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance..." Fat Friar said
"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves?  He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost... I  say, what are you all doing here?" the other ghost said
"New students I guess" Friar said smiling "About to be sorted!" he added
"Hope to see you in Hufflepuff... My old house you know" Friar said to all students and disappeared.

"Move along now. The ceremony is about to begin." McGonagall said. We then marched in the Great hall. We then walked in awe. The celling is always the same.
"Its bewitch to look like the sky outside. I read it in Hogwarts: A History" I heard someone say. Then I suddenly remember who said it. Granger. 'Ugh. I forgot I have to put up with her.' I thought.
"Well Harry, you can wish to the Reaper to came after her earlier." Em said. 'Oh yeah the Reaper, its the one of the entity that I met in the underworld while im there.'
"Really you forgot about Pallidi." Em said
"Sorry. But I still can't believe that his name is Pallidi, the translation of Grimm Reaper to Latin." I said while me and Em walks slowly thru the hall.
"Well most of us entities have Latin name." Em said and I nodded.

While we we're walking the hall the room is full with chatters. Then we reached the end then the noise slowly decreased. Then I looked at the front, there McGonagall placed a four legged stool silently. And put the hat on the stool there.
Then the hat starts to sing.

"Oh, you may  not think I'm  pretty,  
But don't judge on what you see, 
I'll  eat myself  if  you can find 
A smarter hat than me.  

You can keep your bowlers black,      
Your top hats sleek and tall,      
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat      
 And I can cap them all.      
There's nothing hidden in your head      
The Sorting Hat can't see,      
So try me on and I will tell you      
Where you ought to be.    

You might belong in Gryffindor,      
Where dwell the brave at heart,      
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry      
Set Gryffindors apart;      

You might belong in Hufflepuff,      
Where they are just and loyal,      
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true      
And unafraid of toil;      

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,      
if you've a ready mind,      
Where those of wit and learning,      
Will always find their kind;      

Or perhaps in Slytherin 
You'll make your real frieynds,      
Those cunning folk use any means      
To achieve their ends.     

So put me on! Don't be afraid!      
And don't get in a flap!      
You're in safe hands (though I have none)      
For I'm a Thinking Cap!" 

Then the whole hall applauded when the hat ended the song. Then Weasley erupted with threats to Fred. Hahaha that's funny. But I kept my laugh in my own.
"When I call your name you will put on the hat, and sit on the stool" McGonagall said, and then the sorting begins.

Abbot, Hannah—Hufflepuff
Bones, Susan—Hufflepuff
Boot, Terry—Ravenclaw
Brocklehurst, Mandy—Ravenclaw
Brown, Lavander—Gryffindor
Bulstrode, Millicent—Slytherin
Finch-Fletchy, Justin—Hufflepuff
Finnegan, Seamus—Gryffindor
Longbottom, Neville—Gryffindor (I think you know what happend after)
Granger, Hermione—Gryffindor
Greengrass, Daphne—Slytherin
MacDougal, Morag—Ravenclaw
Malfoy, Draco—Slytherin
Moon, Lily—Slytherin
Nott, Theodore—Slytherin
Parkinson, Pansy—Slytherin
Patil, Padma—Ravenclaw
Patil, Parvati—Gryffindor
Perks, Sally-Anne—Gryffindor
Potter, Hadrian—...

"Wait did she say Hadrian?" "I thought it was Harry" "The-Boy-Who-Lived" Some of that whispered thru the great hall.

I then took a seat and McGonagall placed the hat in my head.
"Hello, Lord Hogwarts" the hat said
"Well hello, Alexander." I said